EKWB in trouble?

Don
Sad times. Was my go to for waterblocks for years, but they're products kinda drifted away from what I was looking for.

And their prices are ridiculous now a days as well by the looks of things.

Last edited:
Soldato
Have to see what the fallout is from this, can't say I'm too surprised with how custom loops are even more niche these days then they were 10 years ago.

Shame if they do go as EK used to be my go to for mono / gpu blocks.

Soldato
Just watched the video. My take from it was extremely poor management and bad blood between the US and Slovakian Slovenian branches. Sounds familiar.

I hope for the sake of it's employees that it can right the ship, create great products but reign in their prices; water cooling isn't as popular as it once was.

Last edited:
Soldato
This is such a shame, I just bought the EK Nuclues 360 this past winter, the fans are a little noisy but I cannot fault the cooling, it keeps my 14700K from thermal throttling at all, no matter how much a push it. I would say that I would never buy an EK product again but by the time I need to replace my AIO the company will most likely be gone, once companies get to this stage they usually fold several months later. After watching the video, I understand now because I always found it strange that GN never reviewed the Nucleus 360, widely regarded as the second best cooler after Arctic Liquid Freezer II

Soldato
I am not surprised by this news

the writing was on the wall

* The custom water cooling market is a tiny fraction of what it was in the past

* As a result the price of water cooling parts has skyrocketed to recover R&D expenses

* In addition to that, EK continue to focus on trying to make premium, niche, highly expensive products in an already niche market

* EK has messed up in core principles on many occasions with poor quality control

* EK products do not have the best performance, only the best looks

* The RGB markets for best looks is shrinking, in fact as a whole it's shrinking after the Covid boom and more people are anti RGB now

You add all of this together and it looks like a company on a slow death spiral and I didn't need this news to tell me that

Soldato
Last edited:
Soldato
QC slipped and over priced products, have you seen the price of their new DD blocks for AM5, £300+, you can pick up TG's version for £100, I mean really........WTF EK !!!, I would expect it to be made out of platinum for that price.

Cough Cough rip off cough cough https://www.ekwb.com/news/ek-rolls-out-direct-die-water-blocks-for-am5-platform/

QC has been an issue for quite some time, literally the past couple of years have been a mess for QC. I've found missing screws, loose screws on waterblocks etc. Amateur users wouldn't check this and find out the hard way.

Soldato
QC has been an issue for quite some time, literally the past couple of years have been a mess for QC. I've found missing screws, loose screws on waterblocks etc. Amateur users wouldn't check this and find out the hard way.

I've had missing screws, incorrect length screws, cracked blocks, missing thermal pads and incorrect thickness thermal pads

Associate
TBH I think with the increase in takup of AIO coolers, and much better GPU coolers from launch, the demand for custom loops has dropped.

Pair that with EK generally being middle of the pack performance wise, but around the top for cost, those that do seriously want to do custom loops are choosing other options. (especially with the availability of decent components direct from china)

Back
Top Bottom