EKWB in trouble?

Soldato
@Mcnumpty2323 is correct, in my dealings with EKWB they where pretty great to be fair. It's very sad to see the current state of affairs.

The port on my distro had completely sheered away, it wasn't just cracks etc which is bad enough. It was out of warranty, but when I explained it hadn't been overtightened - I'm very careful with this stuff they replaced the part without any hesitation.

Hopefully they can fix this situation and repair their image as I'm personally a big fan of their products.

Soldato
Depending on which direction you rotate the EK symbol it either looks like a Transformer (Company In Disguise(TM)) or a really sad face.

Foreshadows a lot about which direction the company will end up taking.

Associate
It’s a shame as I’ve enjoyed using EK kit for some time now but yes, it is extremely expensive/overpriced.

I can’t see a viable way back for them at this point and I’ll probably be a little bit sad about that, but there are some questionable business strategies going on that I can’t get behind.

Associate
Always bought EK stuff , after Swiftech. Still have a Supremacy Evo atm. Now I just feel that they have priced themself out of reach for a lot of people and there are lower cost and better performing parts available.

Last edited:
Soldato
Always bought EK stuff , after Swiftech. Still have a Supremacy Evo atm. Now I just feel that they have priced themself out of reach for a lot of people and there are lower cost and better performing parts available.

It's not a case of pricing out of reach, if the price was warranted I'm sure there would be more people will to pay what they ask. But as you say there are better performing parts for much less cost and to make things worse for EK they tend to be better quality also.

Associate
It's not a case of pricing out of reach, if the price was warranted I'm sure there would be more people will to pay what they ask. But as you say there are better performing parts for much less cost and to make things worse for EK they tend to be better quality also.

I think the quality can be fine, the parts I have had more recently (waterblock, radiators) I am happy with, it's just their QC has suffered so the chances of getting a duff purchase are higher than they really should be.

I won't be going back to them unless they manage to right the ship though.

Soldato
I'm honestly a little surprised that they are still going to Computex...

Surely that's the last place you want to be where literally every media outlet is going to be asking you the same question and putting you in a really awkward position.

Last edited:
Soldato
I'm honestly a little surprised that they are still going to Computex...

Surely that's the last place you want to be where literally every media outlet is going to be asking you the same question and putting you in a really awkward position.

I don't think they have much choice - not going would admit defeat and make it a lot more difficult to recover.

If they want to survive they'll have to face the music at some point and that Kitguru video does that to an extent, if you believe them.

Back
Top Bottom