EKWB in trouble?

Associate
Well my response to them on that video was, cut your prices in half, job done!

Edit:
They removed the comment, what a surprise. Clearly shows they can't compete on price then!

Last edited:
Soldato
Bit of a pathetic Media response from the CEO. a statement saying " Having only taken over as CEO in Feb 2024, I would like to thank Supplier/Media partners for sticking to their values and making us aware of important issues that need immediate resolutions. Once we have investigated and identified all areas of concern I will provide a further public update to show openness and integrity in putting things right"

Also known as stalling for time. He might as well have said "No comment" and ended it there.

Associate
One of the best products EK made were Monoblocks, i still use one on my Z690-i platform. Cooling the VRM's and cpu at the same time, there's no one else making these right now but i wish they did.
Yeah for sure! I had the EKWB Strix X470 Monoblock on my previous build and now I have the Strix X570 Monoblock on my current PC. Both beautiful piece of engineering.

Soldato
Yeah for sure! I had the EKWB Strix X470 Monoblock on my previous build and now I have the Strix X570 Monoblock on my current PC. Both beautiful piece of engineering.

I just wish more companies made them even if it meant long waits for built to order items. It would be worth it imo.

Associate
It was when they added the fart noise to the end of his videos is when I started to lose interest in Jayz. And I'm sure his thumbnails didn't *all* used to be base level clickbait before, I think some even went so far as to helpfully indicate what might be in the video, as I recall anyway. Still subbed, but only open the odd video with less baity thumbnails, which is not many.
He keeps talk8ng about how he's the watercooling guy but he hasn't done more than 1 custom loop per year for years now. Nobody else seems to be making videos about loops with his humour that I enjoy. I just don't trust the guy with reviews, he too much of a shill and 90% of his videos seem to be reviews nowadays...

Soldato
I'd defo use a monoblock but I'm an itx user and thry tend to only make them for the stupidly expensive parts...

Yeah there's be iterations for the most expensive ITX boards usually the overclockable ones from gen to gen. It kinda makes sense as you wouldn't necessarily need one for the B boards, it usually just the Z and X boards that need them.

Associate
i don't think they have a place in the market anymore.
Like many of you said. Watercooling became even a bigger niche than it used to be. I am doing custom watercooling for 20 years now. few years ago (after 1080ti) i stopped watercooling my GPU as it is just getting to expensive in my mind.
They had to many SKUs trying to sell everything.
I am very curious if they will survive this

Associate
Email ek
Regardless of current issues
I know @Vidar his cracked out of warranty period
Ek sent him a replacement half of the distro
Ie not the whole distro
The "half" of the acrylic "sandwich "
That has all the ports
He just had to undo it and fit the replacement

"3.4. STANDARD – EKWB product Warranty

3.4.1. EKWB product Two-Year Limited Warranty

EKWB products are guaranteed against manufacturing defects two (2) years from the original delivery date. EKWB’s sole obligation in the event of such defects during this period is to replace the EKWB product with a comparable device at EKWB’s sole discretion.

During the warranty period, EKWB will make the choice whether to replace, repair or otherwise correct for any EKWB product subject to the warranty which we determine as non-conforming after we check it out.

Unless: (i) it falls under the limited warranty included with a EKWB product; or (ii) the User Agreement accompanying any Software grants you different rights or disclaims all warranties we warrant to you, and only to you, as applicable, that our EKWB products are designed and manufactured to conform to our specifications and will be free from defects in material and workmanship for a period of 2 years from the original delivery date."

Last edited:
Soldato

"3.4. STANDARD – EKWB product Warranty

3.4.1. EKWB product Two-Year Limited Warranty

EKWB products are guaranteed against manufacturing defects two (2) years from the original delivery date. EKWB’s sole obligation in the event of such defects during this period is to replace the EKWB product with a comparable device at EKWB’s sole discretion.

During the warranty period, EKWB will make the choice whether to replace, repair or otherwise correct for any EKWB product subject to the warranty which we determine as non-conforming after we check it out.

Unless: (i) it falls under the limited warranty included with a EKWB product; or (ii) the User Agreement accompanying any Software grants you different rights or disclaims all warranties we warrant to you, and only to you, as applicable, that our EKWB products are designed and manufactured to conform to our specifications and will be free from defects in material and workmanship for a period of 2 years from the original delivery date."

Too much blocks of text for me
In the small print

But looks like I saw you bought it 2022
When I looked earlier
But actually you said 2024
They're only argument could be you
Overtightened it
Not sure would come to that
Since you would rma to where you bought it
Not to ek

Back
Top Bottom