Games you're playing, and games...

Soldato
Going to give Days Gone another go, as never finished it a few years back.

Also playing flight sim on series x. This is something I play on and off, it never gets old for me with all the different aircraft you can fly and learn and different places to fly to.

Last edited:
Soldato
Going to give Days Gone another go, as never finished it a few years back.

Also playing flight sim on series x. This is something I play on and off, it never gets old for me with all the different aircraft you can fly and learn and different places to fly to.
It’s a much better game since they patched it to 60. I had never completed it before that either but stayed to the end this time. Fantastic game overall.

Caporegime
Have you got a disc or digital PS5? I know roguelites can be a bit marmite - if you've got a disc PS5 I'd definitely look at grabbing a second hand copy of Returnal to give it a go - or see if it's on a good sale on the PS Store.

I really enjoyed Returnal - but I also really enjoy roguelite games. It's one of the best games for the dualsense controller features too.
Got the disc version but also Extra so it’ll be free.

You lot have convinced me to give it a go but I’ve got Platinum OCD so I may come back moaning at some point :p

Soldato
Got the disc version but also Extra so it’ll be free.

You lot have convinced me to give it a go but I’ve got Platinum OCD so I may come back moaning at some point :p
The plat is pretty tough as some of the cyphers you need to find are random af. I’ll go for the plat if it’s fairly easy but didn’t bother with this one.

Soldato
I do keep meaning to give Returnal another go, a friend and I started it on co-op then realised after a little while that you miss out on a fair bit of narrative content unless you play in single player so we stopped, and at the time I couldn't be bothered to retread all the progress we'd made.

Soldato
Diablo 4 - Enjoying it more now I have dropped from WT2 to WT1. Was doing ok until the first real dungeon / boss fight where it felt the line between a challenge and annoying had been crossed. Currently level 21 with a a reasonable Sorcerer build. I do miss my ridiculous end game Monk build from Diablo 3 with stacked Health on hit and ridiculous crowd control damage output (I keep trying to play it the same way.... :p ).

Associate
With D4 I found the hardest part was getting the gear together you needed for a build, once you got a build working you can really start to blast through the levels. In S3 the Vault's are a really good source of items if you can stand running the same ones over and over. The changes being made to S4 look like they will change the game significantly.

Soldato
Just completed Hello Neighbor 2 with the Mrs acting in an advisory capacity and me at the controls (PS5).

We really liked it, though it did seem unfinished come the end.

Has anyone got any suggestions for a good first person puzzly adventure game?

Last edited:

jcr

jcr

Associate
just giving AC Valhalla a try on the X. looks like a long game going by the download size. imagine ill get bored long before i see the end.

Soldato
Playing through Elden ring. While I’ve sort of enjoyed what I’ve played so far…

I feel like there is no real direction, like the map is huge, I understand you get a general direction you’re told to go but eh - and i also feel like I’m being unfairly punished for wanting to explore. (Traps, monsters way above my level, chest transporting me to a location I’m unable to get out of unless I touch a new grace) Getting a bit fed up. Honestly don’t see why it got so much praise.

Edit. Like I’m losing motivation to continue. Please please tell me it gets “better”

Reading that through it sounds like I’m whinging / moaning. I’m not. I think I may be getting too old for this hobby..

Last edited:
Soldato
It’s hard to explain why it’s so good. You just have to push on (or not if you’re not feeling it) I mean if an enemy is absolutely impossible then of course you should not be there. The arrows in the map guide you but it is still up to you where you want to go. No shame in using a guide if you don’t know which way to go. It’s a brilliant ride but like anything else it’s not for everyone.

Soldato
Yeah. Ive got a couple of summons now, a new set of armour (godrick knight or something) A couple of new weapons which are useless (not enough STR or DEX) I’m just wandering around aimlessly getting killed by large creatures (dragon, bears, trolls etc). The trash mobs aren’t a problem though. I dunno, I’ve never considered totally dropping a game I just spent money on. But here we are..

Honestly is there a certain direction I should be headed ? East from limgrave is a no go. Bears got me.

Back
Top Bottom