Games you're playing, and games...

Associate
Yeah I saw him standing on top of the cliff ? I think ? I noped out when I went through the archway haha.
A good early strategy is to farm xp until you have health at at least 20 and endurance at 15 or more. I've completed the game with multiple builds (8 completions) and even though I know what I'm doing, I always do this.

Start with the first soldier camp - practice stealthy taking out everyone one at a time. Once you can clear this easily and have levelled up move to farming the 4 giants up on the cliff near the lightening

Soldato
A good early strategy is to farm xp until you have health at at least 20 and endurance at 15 or more. I've completed the game with multiple builds (8 completions) and even though I know what I'm doing, I always do this.

Start with the first soldier camp - practice stealthy taking out everyone one at a time. Once you can clear this easily and have levelled up move to farming the 4 giants up on the cliff near the lightening
Thanks for this.

I’ve cleared the soldier camp a couple of times now. So may go and farm the giants tomorrow.

Associate
Yeah. Ive got a couple of summons now, a new set of armour (godrick knight or something) A couple of new weapons which are useless (not enough STR or DEX) I’m just wandering around aimlessly getting killed by large creatures (dragon, bears, trolls etc). The trash mobs aren’t a problem though. I dunno, I’ve never considered totally dropping a game I just spent money on. But here we are..

Honestly is there a certain direction I should be headed ? East from limgrave is a no go. Bears got me.
Head south from Limgrave to the Weeping Peninsula. Nearly all the content there is aimed at lower level characters. Strangely, the game doesn't really point you in that direction from the off. And, as @jennidc says, don't be afraid to grind some easier kills to get vitality up to 20 and enough endurance to wear heavier armour etc ( you want vitality to be between 40-60 by end game regardless of build ).

Last edited:
Soldato
Head south from Limgrave to the Weeping Peninsula. Nearly all the content there is aimed at lower level characters. Strangely, the game doesn't really point you in that direction from the off. And, as @jennidc says, don't be afraid to grind some easier kills to get vitality up to 20 and enough endurance to wear heavier armour etc ( you want vitality to be between 40-60 by end game regardless of build ).
Thank you. I appreciate this. I couldn’t believe wandering into that small lake in limgrave to be confronted by a dragon so early on. Like wtf. Even that cave full of wolves was difficult to do.

In any case. I’ll head to the weeping peninsula next

Soldato
I can’t find the OT, so I’ll post here. I’m level 31 now. Still doing “prep” work, just unlocking map pieces. Grabbing some weapons and shields. Got a new flame spell attack(flame of frenzy?). Also, the rune farming with the large canon ball has saved me a load of hassle with leveling.

Edit. Actually watching some of FightinCowboy videos which are super helpful.

Last edited:
Soldato
I wish I had the patience to play Soulslike’s, I love so much about Elden Ring but I hate grinding.
I love the setting, the lore, the weapons and shields etc. the monster and character designs are fantastic too. It’s just on the difficult side for me. But I’m plodding along. (Until I hit a brick wall boss haha)

Soldato
A great game, that felt spoilt by a Ubisoft amount of busy work on the map - I've never gone back to finish it sadly, and can't see myself ever doing it; but I had a lot of enjoyment before the fatigue set in
yeh can see the Ubisoft busy work, but doing it slowly not rushing & just walking & chilling out between destinations

Soldato
A great game, that felt spoilt by a Ubisoft amount of busy work on the map - I've never gone back to finish it sadly, and can't see myself ever doing it; but I had a lot of enjoyment before the fatigue set in

At a certain point you could just beeline the main story. I primarily focused on clearing the camps for fast travel. I see a lot of the side stuff as optional in these kind of games.

yeh can see the Ubisoft busy work, but doing it slowly not rushing & just walking & chilling out between destinations

The way you follow the wind to the objective is really novel, and doesn't take you out of the action with UI elements, really cool!

Soldato
This weekend I will be mostly playing...

Big Buck Hunter World. 1up reproduction. I always have a game when I see one in a pub. I've been wanting to buy one for ages despite having an Xbox series X, Xbox One X, PS5, PS Vita and a Legion gaming laptop in various parts of the house. Mrs is not keen at all and I can see her point.
Been looking on marketplace and there are a few for sale, most with a similar tagline. "Bought for Christmas and barely used". Well it's my birthday this weekend and I found a party hire place that does bouncy castles and all that kind of thing you can rent one from. Came this morning! Been playing it most of the day (after googling how to reset all the high scores to zero of course to purge evidence of past users) and it's great!! :D
They are coming to pick it up Monday and I fully expect to be bored of it before then but at least I have got it out of my system now. Definitely not buying one. Gameplay is limited, obviously. Neat package though and pretty well made if quite a bit smaller than I expected, have to sit on a stool to play. Had to move it from that spot from midday as when the sun shines the gun doesn't work. :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom