Greenlizard0 Premier League Football Thread ** spoilers ** [2nd - 4th April 2024]

Soldato
Second one was certainly soft as hell. Didn't see the first one enough times to say really. Not quite sure how there was 8 minutes of stoppage time either. Hey ho. We're used to referees mistakes and VAR deciding tight games at this point.
I just compare it to others we have seen them all wave away and excuse, hence my Doku shout. How are we giving those two today and not questioning what on earth is going on? I felt the same when City got a penalty vs United and it took like 3 minutes to give.

Don
Both pens were fouls. People will say they were soft and x wasn't given but that doesn't change that they were fouls. They were both given onfield iinm and they definitely weren't going to get overturned by VAR.

Soldato
No United fan should be surprised by that tonight. Think about our CL matches and the goals we conceded. The buck stops with the manager regardless of the soft penalties or dubious amount of added time. If the players aren't able to manage a game then they should be dropped and that starts with the captain. I still maintain the 7-0 had a lot to do with Fernandes's emotional approach. Suspect that a poor result on Sunday seals ten Hags fate and I can't offer much of a case for him.

Soldato
Surprised people are moaning about the pen calls. Thought they where both pens. VAR seemed to take an age trying to find a reason not to award them as well.

Correct call for me.

Man of Honour
Both pens were fouls. People will say they were soft and x wasn't given but that doesn't change that they were fouls. They were both given onfield iinm and they definitely weren't going to get overturned by VAR.

No idea why people are focused on them anyway. We are conceding 25-30 shots per game, what do people think is going to happen. Totally unsustainable.

Soldato
Penalty is ridiculous - not sure if there was even contact.

8 minutes of "extra/injury" time - where did that come from?

Two terrible defense's on show - great entertainment but neither manager lasts the rest of the season.

Soldato
They're both penalties. Does anyone really believe that a foul shouldn't be given unless it's enough to take the striker out? Or is that just a convenient line to roll out when a decision goes against you?

Don
Those final few minutes have surely killed any hope of Utd qualifying for the CL now. Even if we assume they win their game in hand on Villa (and that's a massive assumption) they're still effectively 9 points behind them and 10 behind Spurs. Utd would probably have to win all their remaining games to have a chance and even that might not be enough with so few games left and not enough opportunity for Villa/Spurs to drop enough points.

Soldato
They're both penalties. Does anyone really believe that a foul shouldn't be given unless it's enough to take the striker out? Or is that just a convenient line to roll out when a decision goes against you?
Im anything but a United fan but if we have the head of referees defending a boot to someones chest then we cant then be having those as being acceptable. We need consistency and it isnt happening.

I mean Salah was sandwitched at the weekend, a clear as day foul and nothing. Chelsea have just won because of a soft penalty.

Last edited:
Soldato
Im anything but a United fan but if we have the head of referees defending a boot to someones chest then we cant then be having those as being acceptable. We need consistency and it isnt happening.
I agree, I'm not saying that the refereeing is good or consistent, but the penalties given tonight are given more often than not nowadays, and what happened in the Liverpool game doesn't change that

Back
Top Bottom