Greenlizard0 Premier League Football Thread ** spoilers ** [6th - 7th April 2024]

Soldato
Arsenal only have 5 matches to win. Their final two games are Utd and Everton and both will roll over for them, in Everton's case even if it means relegation for them.

I've just looked at the table and if Chelsea win today (they're currently 1-0 up), they're 3 points off 6 with a game in hand. If Chelsea get Europa League after the season they've had it would be a minor miracle.

edit: I'm starting to rival the master with my Pigeon'ing ability. Sheffield Utd equalise as I hit post.
I don't think you can say Man U will roll over for anyone.

Week in week out I have no clue what sort of performance will happen.

They really have no clue, but have a few good players that can dig themselves out of a hole.

I'm not a fan of the manager merry-go-round, however, I think ETH has had enough of a chance now. And unless I'm missing something, he's clueless!

Soldato
Utd has individual talent though and plenty young players who do look good and could become great pains me to say it mind

But until everything else gets fixed at Utd I reckon you’ll stay in this up and down madness of form etc

Caporegime
Arsenal only have 5 matches to win. Their final two games are Utd and Everton and both will roll over for them, in Everton's case even if it means relegation for them.

I've just looked at the table and if Chelsea win today (they're currently 1-0 up), they're 3 points off 6 with a game in hand. If Chelsea get Europa League after the season they've had it would be a minor miracle.

edit: I'm starting to rival the master with my Pigeon'ing ability. Sheffield Utd equalise as I hit post.
One of those games is home to Bournemouth. If we carry on playing the way we are, I can’t see them offering much resistance

Don
I don't think you can say Man U will roll over for anyone.

Week in week out I have no clue what sort of performance will happen.

They really have no clue, but have a few good players that can dig themselves out of a hole.

I'm not a fan of the manager merry-go-round, however, I think ETH has had enough of a chance now. And unless I'm missing something, he's clueless!
By the time you play Arsenal, from a League perspective, your season will be all but over with potentially only a Europa League or Conference League spot left to play for. Nobody connected with Utd wants Liverpool or City to win the title so there won't even be that extra edge from the fans in that game either.

Now even parking all that to one side, you're just terrible. The law of averages mean it's nigh on impossible for you not to lose again against a top side.

Don
Forest with a challenge exactly the same as Romero earlier in the year. Red for Romero, only a yellow for Forest.
You also benefited from Jones getting sent off for that challenge too. And you probably shouldn't complain when Maddison punched somebody in the first half and VAR said play on.

Soldato
You also benefited from Jones getting sent off for that challenge too. And you probably shouldn't complain when Maddison punched somebody in the first half and VAR said play on.
It was a tickle. :D

Yates gestured for VAR review and didn’t get a second yellow in that incident, despite the rules saying it’s a yellow card.

Don
It was a tickle. :D

Yates gestured for VAR review and didn’t get a second yellow in that incident, despite the rules saying it’s a yellow card.
Yea and Udogie waved an imaginary yellow vs Liverpool and didn't get a 2nd yellow either. And no, I've not forgotten about that game :p

Like most of these initiatives, they last about 3 weeks then officials stop acting on them. It's not often that you see somebody get away with such a blatant punch though.

Soldato

Don’t be daft, neither team will just roll over. They’re both just rubbish and will likely get beat.

Back
Top Bottom