Greenlizard0 Premier League Football Thread ** spoilers ** [6th - 7th April 2024]

Caporegime
By the time you play Arsenal, from a League perspective, your season will be all but over with potentially only a Europa League or Conference League spot left to play for. Nobody connected with Utd wants Liverpool or City to win the title so there won't even be that extra edge from the fans in that game either.

Now even parking all that to one side, you're just terrible. The law of averages mean it's nigh on impossible for you not to lose again against a top side.
Sorry, but I can never see Utd not pushing hard to beat Arsenal. I doubt the Utd players even care who wins the title, they just concentrate on their own results.

Don
Sorry, but I can never see Utd not pushing hard to beat Arsenal. I doubt the Utd players even care who wins the title, they just concentrate on their own results.
I hope you're right Robert but I have very serious doubts. I've watched Utd go up against City when we've been in a title battle with them and put up the most limp performances I've seen and I fully expect that when you play them. There will be no fight and the crowd will almost all be half wanting to lose to prevent us and City winning the title, particularly if they've got nothing to play for as it looks like.
No, I don't troll, just offering my opinion. The footage i've seen since shows that AWB left it open for Elliot to hook his foot on AWB. The footage shows that AWB doesn't actually touch him first and cause him to fall.
He misses Elliott's left leg with his attempted trip but catches Elliott's right knee/leg and then scissors his right leg. It's about as clear a foul as could be.

Soldato
He didn't need to search hard, AWB leg comes round and scissors his leg. Players don't have to hurdle challenges.
Yeah, wouldn't call it an outright foul though like you guys. AWB did it to himself unfortunately with the way he approaches his tackles. But, surprisingly as a Utd fan, I think they should have reviewed it further.

Caporegime
And the decision wouldn’t have been changed as it’s not a clear and obvious error
Depends why the ref gave it really, if he gave it because he thinks AWB caught him with the challenging leg then he's wrong because there was no contact there. Sadly we're in this situation where VAR is being hamstrung by this stupid re-refereeing thing to try and protect the incompetent refs.

Don
Depends why the ref gave it really, if he gave it because he thinks AWB caught him with the challenging leg then he's wrong because there was no contact there.
What? :confused: He doesn't catch him with his foot but he quite clearly catches him with his leg.

AWB's 'challenging leg' trips Elliott. Does Elliott play for it? Absolutely but so what? A forward doesn't have to try and get out of the way of a challenge. Any forward would be out of their mind not to take the foul there. Elliott doesn't create the foul, AWB offered it on a plate with a stupid tackle.

Soldato
There’s not even any debate to be had here I’d have thought, he made a lunging tackle and missed the ball then caught the player. If that doesn’t get given as penalty there’d be riot and rightly so. Does the Liverpool player look for it a bit, maybe, don’t matter though. AWB made contact with the player and not the ball.
I don’t know the rules as precisely as some on here but if that’s not a penalty all day every day then football’s ******

Soldato
There’s not even any debate to be had here I’d have thought, he made a lunging tackle and missed the ball then caught the player. If that doesn’t get given as penalty there’d be riot and rightly so. Does the Liverpool player look for it a bit, maybe, don’t matter though. AWB made contact with the player and not the ball.
I don’t know the rules as precisely as some on here but if that’s not a penalty all day every day then football’s ******
Well Elliott doesnt have to jump over him...he impeded. Its as clear a penalty as youll see

Back
Top Bottom