Helldivers 2

Soldato
I love the environment changes in this game, they add a fantastic dynamic to it.

Many people complain about it, I just hope the devs don't take any notice of the cry babies.
They complain because it only impacts the players.

Terminids\Auitomations are not effected as you would have thought Iron storms would effect the automations but it doesn't

Soldato
On the higher difficulties they are much harder. You'll get bot drops constantly, the hulk bruisers will come at you with flamethrowers and are very fast and catch you, unless you have light armour. Their flame length is huge too.

Not to mention the drop ships and the new factory striders.
Lastnight due to the Major Order to kill bugs I was fighting the Terminids for the first time I think since first getting the game. After after almost exclusively fighting The Automatons now for the last two weeks the bugs are sooo easy in camparison

Man of Honour
On the higher difficulties they are much harder. You'll get bot drops constantly, the hulk bruisers will come at you with flamethrowers and are very fast and catch you, unless you have light armour. Their flame length is huge too.

Not to mention the drop ships and the new factory striders.

I’m playing more on 5/6 now and have definitely noticed a ramp up in difficulty, especially with the automatons. Having played on the bug planets now I find them much easier on the whole.

Still need to get some of the better gear, but my load out isn’t too bad now. The mortar has been a lifesaver.

Funny moment last night on an extraction point defence when a 500kg orbital got knocked out of my hand on the landing pad :D

Last edited:
Associate
Not been on in a few weeks, I logged in the other night to collect rewards and hit the 250 medal limit from everything it gave, I left it another few days and logged in tonight for another 150. I suppose if you log in once every couple of weeks you could happily unlock any warbond stuff on the side with no effort for when you come back.

I spotted the new ship modules and the material grind PTSD kicked in straight away though :cry:

Soldato
ah yeah, but you do need to grind those supercredits to get the new warbonds unless you wanna pay cash money. Quite liking the new major order as I can choose what I feel like a bit more now it's split

Soldato
Not been on in a few weeks, I logged in the other night to collect rewards and hit the 250 medal limit from everything it gave, I left it another few days and logged in tonight for another 150. I suppose if you log in once every couple of weeks you could happily unlock any warbond stuff on the side with no effort for when you come back.

I spotted the new ship modules and the material grind PTSD kicked in straight away though :cry:
I've never bothered farming the samples.

I currently have 21 out of 24 and I have just been playing the game normally.

The new upgrades cost a fair amount of samples.

I hope you are spending the medals rather than loosing them once you it the cap.

Man of Honour
Terminid planet, time has run out, 2 of us left, leg it to the extraction site. Manage to hold it, ship lands, the other guy gets on and a giant bug blows up at the entrance to the ship. I’ll never know how I survived the 10 seconds or so to get on. I eventually managed to dive through a gap.

Level 19, really want the level 20 shield. Mostly playing difficulty 5-6 now. Got kicked from a couple of games last night, the funniest was after the stats loaded up showing that I was far ahead of them all in kills and accuracy, despite me being a lower level. At least being a higher level should prevent some of the kicking. Tbh that’ll be the most likely downfall of this game.

Last edited:
Soldato
Terminid planet, time has run out, 2 of us left, leg it to the extraction site. Manage to hold it, ship lands, the other guy gets on and a giant bug blows up at the entrance to the ship. I’ll never know how I survived the 10 seconds or so to get on. I eventually managed to dive through a gap.

Level 19, really want the level 20 shield. Mostly playing difficulty 5-6 now. Got kicked from a couple of games last night, the funniest was after the stats loaded up showing that I was far ahead of them all in kills and accuracy, despite me being a lower level. At least being a higher level should prevent some of the kicking. Tbh that’ll be the most likely downfall of this game.
Sometimes in those last 10 seconds all hell breaks out and you just about get out by the skin of your teeth

Man of Honour
Bought the shield pack, haven’t used it since getting the auto canon. The auto canon is fantastic on automaton worlds. Also unlocked the sickle, haven’t used anything else since. Regularly playing difficulty 7 now, finding it easier than 6, the teams seem to be better.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Wait till you get the quasar!

Is that the one that you have to charge? Have to admit I’ve not gotten on with it that well, despite it freeing up a backpack slot. I’ve seen players use it to good effect e.g. taking down drop ships. It’s a bit slow for the many heavy bots at higher levels I find. I pretty much only see higher players with that or the auto cannon though.

I did have a good run with the breaker, shield and quasar for a bit.

Got my first few special samples today, really enjoying difficulty 7.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
The incendiary shotgun and this will either get nerfed or they will buff others to be stronger.

I kind of hope they don't nerf the incendiary shotgun - though it is a touch OP for crowd control especially at lower difficulties it also lacks being able to decisively engage a single enemy the way some weapons can which can bite you in the behind and I think there is quite a fine line with it between being slightly OP now and being kind of useless for harder difficulties.

I'm hoping they give sniper and marksman rifles a bit of love though as that are mostly pretty meh - the JAR-5 Dominator makes a better DMR :( though they seem to have slowed its turn rate a little more with one of the more recent patches which has taken it from something which was kind of fun to drag shot to being a bit meh.

Man of Honour
Yesterday played 5-6 long games without a single crash. Today - every single game has been crashing! SO frustrating when all the super samples were collected.

I've been having that a lot, I'll get a couple of hours in and everything just works then jump back in again and the game just goes into meltdown for no apparent rhyme or reason.

Soldato
I have to use the laser rover for bug worlds, especially the ones with limited visibility. It does damage me quite a bit and I find myself often diving out the way, but I think it's worth it to take out the smaller trash mobs.

I can't decide on a primary to use for bugs though, I use the Jar 5 for bots but I'm rotating between the submachine gun or the orange incendiary shotgun. I love the mortar sentry for bots but it doesn't last that long with bugs so I've been using the red orbital laser instead.

Back
Top Bottom