Helldivers 2

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
I have to use the laser rover for bug worlds, especially the ones with limited visibility. It does damage me quite a bit and I find myself often diving out the way, but I think it's worth it to take out the smaller trash mobs.

Funny you say this. Last night we had two of the group running laser rovers. The amount of times they injured our team or ended up killing them in crossfire was unreal. One of the guys heard us and dropped it for a chunk of the mission. The issue was when both got close together it was working against us more than the waves of patrols. We were on one below helldive - so as you can tell I am not a fan of them. :p

Last edited:
Man of Honour
I tend to use the AR rover instead as it is far less likely to kill you or a team mate, though it is a bit less effective and a bit of a pain to keep resupplied.

Soldato
Funny you say this. Last night we had two of the group running laser rovers. The amount of times they injured our team or ended up killing them in crossfire was unreal. One of the guys heard us and dropped it for a chunk of the mission. The issue was when both got close together it was working against us more than the waves of patrols. We were on one below helldive - so as you can tell I am not a fan of them. :p
I was also in a group last night with 2 of us using the rover, level 6 or 7 so not your group :D I must admit it was annoying me to say the least, spent more time avoiding the laser beams than killing bugs

Soldato
I'm used to the rovers by now. The trick is not to be too close to the people running them. Then the beam might pass over you and give you a little zap, but it isn't gonna kill ya like if you're close to it and it happens to aim through your noggin.

I'm trying to find a way for the eruptor to work for me at present. It's great fun, but man it's just too slow to put out that damage for me to consider it viable. Maybe on bots it might be better, but on bugs you better have someone keeping those hunters off you or you're toast

Man of Honour
Have settled into difficulty 7 for now. 8 now and again, will try to unlock 9 when I next have a longer bit of time to play. Fun going back to 4 or so for some chill.

My favourite part are the base defence missions with the gates, really dig those.

Last edited:
Soldato
Have settled into difficulty 7 for now. 8 now and again, will try to unlock 9 when I next have a longer bit of time to play. Fun going back to 4 or so for some chill.

My favourite part are the base defence missions with the gates, really dig those.
Aye, 7 is the sweet spot for me. I find at 8, and certainly 9, definitely require a full squad on comms who know what they’re doing. 7 you can still just about get away with eejits dropping their uncoordinated loads on already dead/dying bile titans :cry:

Bored senseless of those defend missions though.

Man of Honour
Is it me or does reinforcing onto a bile titan rarely kill and often not even do damage to it now? I used to be able to take them out like 90% of the time doing that now it is more like 10-20% even with a perfect direct hit.

Soldato
Not played this yet, is it still worth getting into?

I rarely play multiplayer games that aren't sim racing. I haven't played a co op so much since L4D2

I'm only Level 11 but that doesn't seem to matter too much other than what weapons I can bring to the party. Played Suicide missions last night which gives a noticeable bump in XP after a successful mission.

Suicide bug mission was much easier than the automaton I did. The bigger automatons at that level are very hard to put down. How we got out, I'll never know!

The group I was with, the lad insisted on giving us all a hug before dropping. Quite sweet lol. :)

Last edited:
Soldato
Kind of funny but gets a bit annoying sometimes. I'm the kind of person who likes to just get on with things without ceremony or unnecessary fluff.

Sorry but couldn't help but think back to the old Leeroy Jenkins meme, and imagine a machinima of the other Helldivers all psyching up and prepping for a mission etc, with the your 'diver casually going lone wolf out of the Destroyer by himself.

"FOR SUPER EAR....wait, where's Dave gone??"

:D

Last edited:
Man of Honour
More frustrating than anything today :( the bug swarms on helldive seem to have been ramped up? got on a team with 2 other players who were just blasting through the reinforcement budget and ended up at the last objective with 14 minutes to go but both of them dead (don't think I'd even died once to that point, at the most once) with no reinforcement budget left and just total carpet of bugs chasing me and all I could do was keep kiting around the outskirts of the objective doing crowd management but they were spawning nearly as fast as I was killing them so just ended up quitting out as it was pointless.

EDIT: This is how thick with enemies it was LOL I probably got it from one burst :(

2eNh9Z6.png

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom