*** League of Legends ***

Soldato
OP
Mine is talsworthy. I have a client on both us and euro. At moment I play more on us but always happy to play on euro as well

Soldato
OP
I have a commercial vent server which I am quite happy if people hook up in to play lol with other Overclockers. It's only small 15 users but that should be more than sufficient

va1.ugt-servers.com
pwd usmc

Tals

Soldato
OP
i'm playing a couple of matches everyday but i prefer random pugs. they are so much fun and sometimes hilarious. most team games i've been into were boring.

Depends on the team and how seriously they take it tbh. I prefer the banter that a team game gives - however you do tend to go against harder teams :(

I'm aiming to be on 9.30pm+ tonight (Euro servers) if anyone else fancies joining me in vent

Tals

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Ended up playing on the US servers with a friend and grabbed a much needed 4 game winning streak - phew I thought my loosing streak was never going to end

Soldato
OP
Nice patch on the US version. Euro version I assume will be shortly

fixes one of my biggest irritations with the game which is where people drop out of champion select

http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=64844

New LeaverBuster Additions:

* When players leave during Champion Select, they will not be allowed to rejoin the Matchmaking Queue for a period of time. The first time a player leaves, they will not be allowed to requeue for 3 minutes. The second time a player leaves, they will not be allowed to requeue for 10 minutes. This count will reset 8 hours after the last time a player left during Champion Select.
* Removed the "In champ select" message from buddy lists for friends who are in Normal Games (to help with queue dodging)

and this one should stop a feeders being able to outlevel on a single weak player

Champion kill experience system reworked. Experience rewards are now calculated on a per-champion basis, with the rewards scaling based on the delta of champion levels. The scaling is based on an S curve so that killing champions three levels and below provide negligible rewards, and kills three levels and above provide almost twice the experience of even level kills.

Soldato
OP
I'm in 2 minds about not being able to leave in champion select. No doubt it is annoying BUT you're now going to be forced to spend 30 minutes playing a game that you lost during champion select. I had a hero set-up last night that was destined to fail and sure enough it did even though we dominated the laning phase. It also means you can't leave if one of your team is AFK and doesn't even pick a hero.

There certainly seems to be mixed reactions in the official forums regarding it. I think what they were trying to stop is people bailing because they didn't get the hero they wanted - I reckon the majority are for this reason. I hadn't appretiated some bail because the setup of the team isn't working for them. I treat each game as a challenge - never yet bailed from a game, maybe I will change that position when I get better :)

Tals

Soldato
OP
Well it doesn't seem to make much difference people still are bailing on that screen.

I played the turret guy - heim for the first time last night. I love his style. No kills but 15 assists and the other team got distracted by trying to take down my turrets. His rocket and stun attacks are also pretty powerful. I love the diversity of the heroes. All quite unique in playstyle.

Soldato
OP
[timko];16042159 said:
When I created the beta thread for this last August it got slammed quite hard :(

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=18046795

At least it seems people are now willing to give it more of a chance now than back then :)

When it was initially released they were quite tight on the beta, they kept the pricing model very close to their chests and they were not saying whether Euro's would be able to play on US servers and vice versa. In addition I had tried Hon and being disgusted with how poor the community was. All of it was shaping up to not being a great experience. I was in the beta but really never got a chance to try it. Come January I fired up the tutorial, really just in one of those bored moments, played some of the well written videos and I was hooked.

I've been playing PC Games +13 years and this is starting to look my favourite game of all time. Love the gameplay, love the diversity of the heroes and even the community is pretty tolerant - even compared to Demigod which were teddy bears compared with HoN's but still painful.

Incredible game and if people are reading this and haven't tried it - just grab it :) Not all will like it but if you're like me you're be hooked. And of course I can still play with my US buddies which is a bonus.

Tals

Soldato
OP
By the sound of it you need to try some of the harder heroes. I love the easier heroes - yi in particular is great for taking down the other side, but I suspect if you want a challenge some of the more complex heroes will suit you better. I can also understand you finding LoL lacking compared to Hon. Hon as I understand it kept all of the complexity of Dota and cleaned the graphics up whereas LoL looked to how they could make it more accesible. For the hard core that maybe a sacrifice to far.

The stash is a balance issue imho, you have to juggle what you get with the slots you have available. With a stash it would just mean you could move these out to rejiggle builds which I am not sure would actually improve the gameplay. Like a microwave I guess - once you've had it you don't want to loose it but if you never have experienced it you can't see the use :)

Tals

Soldato
OP
Ryze is supposed to be a good one to start with, I found him a pain to play against however I have read that hes pretty easy to deal with if you know what you're doing. Good for pwning noobs like me though :)

I've been playing Yi a lot and he can be awesome if fed early, really fun if you get the right items and outlevel the other team then hes just a ganking machine. Again, like with Ryze, good players won't feed him and judging by the forums hes thought of as a pretty average pick.

Love the game. Tals we should definitely team up sometime mate, I'm sure you can teach me a few things :)

Yep definitely - although i'm not sure i'll be able to teach you anything, just be fun to play.

I'm always on the US servers but I have a paid for account on the Euro and can easily flick over. My game times are generally +9.30pm Monday - Friday, Saturday and Sunday tend to be all over the shop. If you see me online holler and i'll do likewise. I also always have xfire on (tals)

Game name is talsworthy on both US and Euro - Evil I will add you now :)

Soldato
OP
If they are on your friends list then hovering over them will show wins and leaves. I believe right clicking on the name gives you there profile and more info but can't remember what stats

Soldato
OP
OK :) What you have to remember is the game match making does work, at the moment your Hon experience and just good play is giving you a good march on the others,so you'll be playing very new players generally. As you win your elo (in game rating which you can't see) will be going up - by the look of it fairly rapidly :) So the more you play the better your matches are going to get. But don't get too excited that what you are seeing will continue unless you are a top tier LoL player. Great play though - way more than I have ever achieved.

Re the creeps it is probably more reliant than Hon on team play in terms of pushing, yes you can push by yourself - as Ashe probably not - he is good but more a ranged player. However if you had tried pushing (even if you could) by yourself a good team would have obviously just taken you down out on your own.

You probably have found them but use the pings
Alt and click. So alt and click a tower - if yours defend, if theirs attack. Alt and click a champion - gank time :) Alt and clicking along a route - a champion is missing and he is probably coming this way. Helps team play no end

Tals

p.s if you can grab the us client as well - use my referral link to create the account https://signup.leagueoflegends.com?ref=4aac95f943b83. That way if its just us euros we can play on Euro server but I have a bunch of US guys so if they are around will help to play with them. Also look up on the thread for my vent info - quite happy for overclockers to use this to play together - would love to see some ocuk team games. The best way to get together is probably via steam (talsworthy) or xfire (tals). I tend to play quite late (10pm - midnight)

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
I've got the US client already, I got it first by accident, I'm around for some games tonight if you are up for it, I've added you on steam as well.

I'm not under any illusion that was normal play, its just pretty hilarious to score so highly...I've never done it in HoN before.

Sweet I think Barno and I are about to hit LoL Europe if you are game. Vent info above or we'll spot you in thegame client.

Soldato
OP
Ill idle on the client for a little bit, watching the ice hockey so send me a message when you get on, I'm labowski

Good game with both yourself and Barno - your HoN skills certainly helped out. That second game was strange, I think the new XP changes stretched the game because they couldn't get the level advantage that would have happened before. I am unsure if it is a good or bad thing because it was an epic game!

I'll be on most nights 10pm+ and Vent :)

Tals

Soldato
OP
From this thread so far the ones who have managed to get together are
Labowski
Talsworthy
Vertikill

If you look further up the thread you should see the vent info. I tend to play 10pm+ for a couple of hours

Back
Top Bottom