*** League of Legends ***

Soldato
OP
I quite like the devs feedback in this thread

http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=67987

Just to be clear, the goal of this system was not to eliminate the issues with feeders or to be a "band-aid" for matchmaking. The goal was to address what I saw as a fundamental issue where a level 16 player killing a level 10 player gained 50% of the experience they needed to get to the next level, where a level 10 killing a level 16 gained 75% of the experience they needed. The relative rewards for those two accomplishments did not line up with their relative difficulty, thus leading to cases where once you acquired a level advantage it was almost assured you would maintain that level advantage regardless of how well you played.

I'm still interested in hearing more of your feedback. I've got a decent idea of the direction I want to go for this next patch now.

and then

So you guys know, after this thread I'll be moving forward with a 10% experience increase at all levels for champion kills. This means an even level kill will net you 50% exp vs 40% exp, and killing someone 4 levels below you will give 20% exp vs 10% exp.

We'll see how this works out next patch.

Always good when the devs interact with their customers. Should be interesting how it affects the games, at the moment they are longer

Soldato
OP
I`ve been unable to play pretty much all day long today. Ping starts off fine around 15-18 and by the time I`m at level 4-7 it skyrockets up to around 6500!!

Obviously totally unplayable and very irritating as I love playing the game, win or lose :(

That is very strange - i'd check the main forums for their views on that one

Soldato
OP
Slowly downloading EU version, got about 1/2 it done over last 2 days lol. Wont be good starting level 1 again with 0 runes/champs tho :(.

Last night Slinky and I were on the same team as a level 30 us who was on the Euro and was working his way up (he was currently level 7)

Not hard to work out which one he was - he was pretty impressive!

If you play +9/10pm feel free to join us in game

Soldato
OP
Ok, ill try get on around 10, but just installed it now and there's another 300mb worth of updates to download lol. It says ETA 1 hour, but those guesstimates never get it right :)

Nice one, if you are able to grab vent that will help. Vent details further above the thread but I can give you late if necessary

Soldato
OP
Fun last night :)

We where robbed on the 1st match, 2nd match we robbed them tho lol.

They were great games, the second as you say was amazing - I was pushing for surrender and suddenly we had them on the rails and they were down and out :)

Soldato
OP
I would play with you guys but I think my level will skew the matchmaking too much. :(

Level 30 :) I don't know - I thought it took all of the levels into account? What I do know is if you have 4 level 30 and 1 level 5 it views th elevel 5 as a smurf so ups it's elo's accordingly, for any that have wondered why the match making seems odd when they have one low level and the rest high level.

Always welcome to see if it mucks us up, The other 3 are pretty good

Soldato
OP
We had a guy on last night that wouldn't stop smack talking in game. Right from the off he was telling everyone they were Noobs and he was dieing at the same time. Great game with the guys but I find the experience is lessened by having twits like this around. Good to have Borrish with us - it only seemed to cause an equivalent amount of hight levels on the other side which is fine.

I'll reiterate but if players want to use the vent for games please do - if we can get regular presence in there (seen it on another forum) then we should find we get more games together regardless of when we play - may even be able to set up pure Overclocker games if we get enough people.

I'll put the vent details on my original post, i've also added the current players I am aware of who play this game. If you play and are not on the list please post and i'll add you in :)

Tals

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
He was strange and irritating - still a good game - could we have set him to ignore during the game, certainly from my perspective I wouldn't have then followed some of his rather stranger instructions.

I'll be on tonight, hopefully 9.30 onwards

Soldato
OP
Been really enjoying the games, much better with vent and a bit of teamwork. However my addiction will have to be put on hold for a week now as I'm off to Ireland tomorrow.

Tals I expect you to be awesome at lol when I get back mate :)

hehe going to miss you in game but have a great week in Ireland

Soldato
OP
Think my mic sorted now, rebooted this morning and it started giving me feedback so had to mute it lol.
Tested it in sound recorder, and i could hear myself without shouting!

Still no clue what was wrong or why its working now, its in exactly the same place as the other day...

Excellent - that will help in our vent sessions :) Not sure how much i'll be on this weekend but if I am on i'll be on vent as well.

Tals

Soldato
OP
If you see Torqgwj add you then please add or send him an invite. We played on the US servers together, he is a good player and a good egg to boot :)

Soldato
OP
In terms of the chat that is Riot (from latest patch) - both US and Euro versions are affected. In terms of the not being able to connect that is Goa - hopefully that is just a blip. It is always worth grabbing the US version and playing on the free basis. Random and I played some fantastic games last night - we lost but there were some great battles in there. However having now played Euro and US - the lag is there on US which did affect some of the final take downs we were aiming to achieve

Soldato
OP
The chat issue has been a problem this week but this connection issue I have only seen since last night - never experienced it previously on either euro or us. Not sure it would be fair to say it's full of bugs.

Soldato
OP
I think you'll find it is now working, one of those strange occurances where they say they did nothing and suddenly everyone can connect again (check server status thread)

** Hon is just not going to happen for me, if this goes I will check out Bloodline champions but unless Hon can make it's graphics more viewable and sort out it's community and a load of other aspects I have no intention of retrying it

Soldato
OP
Do you find the LoL community gets worse the more up the ladder you go. The smack talk - not necessarily against me (Slinky gave me some excellent tips) seems to be worse the further up the chain I go. Nothing compared to HoN or to a lesser extent DG.

I'll be on usual time tonight - this game has me gripped like no other I can recall

Soldato
OP
Having gone through the debarcle of warhammer in Europe I was one of the vocals in the riot forums against this contract. However I maybe in the minority but for lol I think they are doing a good job. They are communicating well, last night is an excellent example of that. They are keeping the patches within a couple of days of riot and until last night server stability had been excellent. As I understand it the issue last night was the comms providers.

Tals

Soldato
OP
Talking of Hon, through the public beta it's been quite a way ahead of LoL in the xfire stats. About 1000 extra players a month. The gap has been slowly closing - interestingly lol players play the game longer than HoN players. Today it over took HoN for I believe the first time, only by 50 players but still it's ahead in player count

Would love to know the actual player count of each game.

Soldato
OP
Yep the LoL games have been longer lately.

In terms of the decline, you mistook what I said. I didn't say HoN had declined I said LoL had closed the gap. HoN's players have increased like LoL's just at a lower rate. I'm not sure what release HoN could do which would excite players enough? LoL hasn't in truth done any patches outside of champions and skins so if anything that should be impacting them possibly more.

Back
Top Bottom