Manor Lords

Caporegime
I like the look of this but all the videos I've watched everyone's town looks identical, I know its ye old times so you're not exactly going to have great variety but it kills my enthusiasm to play it somewhat.
you'd be better off waiting anyway, it's probably a 5-20 hour game for most people then waiting for updates

Soldato
Up too 300 people population now and at large town status with 150 army and some mercenaries... Making quiet a lot of regional wealth on trading as I've setup a mining pit on clay and iron and have constant flow of them going into my large storage...

Food and firewood for 13 months and 4 massive fields with rotation fallow... Also above 80% approval with 20% land tax..

Game is so immersive not once had to speed the gameplay up..

Time goes so fast in the normal world when playing this tho it's crazy.

Reactions: kdd
Associate
So in my 2nd year i suddenly ran out of food and everyone starved.

Gonn reatart - any tips on food gathering? I couldn't see any carrots come out of the burgese plots and farms had little to no yield to make bread etc.

Same happened to me. I think the game is just buggy as I had several fields, granary, a hunters lodge, berry gathering, pastures, trade stalls etc so should have had good food supply. Afterall it is early access so we can't expect everything to work

Soldato
Same happened to me. I think the game is just buggy as I had several fields, granary, a hunters lodge, berry gathering, pastures, trade stalls etc so should have had good food supply. Afterall it is early access so we can't expect everything to work

I've seen some interesting bugs...

The meat resource in one of my villages broke. It was always full regardless of how much meat I took (I wound up with five Hunting Lodges farming it & had around 2k meat).

Paddocks broke in another village. The game started telling me that I didn't have enough paddock space (but I had plenty) & that the excess sheep would start escaping. The notification never went away. About half an hour later the game choked up and... when it started running again I had 0 sheep.

A similar thing happened with my fields. My villagers would be harvesting, the game would choke and... suddenly all of my fields had been harvested!

kdd

kdd

Soldato
Enjoying this so far, it is complex and there is a lot to learn, and it doesn't handhold you, which is good in a way!

Soldato
Managed to take over a second area. My main town is pretty well good to be left alone without intervention now.

New area is totally different - so fertile. Let's try a farming economy. Loving it so far.

Soldato
Given this is easily 2 years before release. What do people who have played it feel is missing from the game?
Mainly the replay ability. The progression trees are limited so exploring different strategies is limited.

The economy needs some work and some extra product "trees" would be good. Why can't I produce meat from sheep for example.

It's still a fantastic game and really shows up the AAA game industry.

Soldato
Given this is easily 2 years before release. What do people who have played it feel is missing from the game?

It seems really good but for me I don't see the enemy bases there production on the map all I see is an army. Be nice if you could see them grow there villages into towns etc it not great for the immersion imo.

I like the building aspect although there a fair bit to learn, the graphics are brilliant and seems to run smooth.

Villagers need some more dialogue to be added as it all the same stuff over and over, although it quite funny.

My enemy seems to have an army the size of two football pitches whilst I have 60 guys :D but that probably my fault as I'm a noob to the game haha.

Soldato

Plenty. The game currently ends at Large Town level. It seems like there could easily be another 2-3 settlement levels above that, which also means further building upgrades.

More maps. Maybe more game modes? I'd like a Battle option, to test out combat ideas.

The tech tree isn't done.

It seems likely that the ability to harvest meat & skins from sheep will arrive at some point, as this is needed to maintain the supply of meat & hides into the late game.

The Manor Builder is denoted as an "in development" feature & clearly needs a lot of work.

City walls are supposed to be coming at some point. Hopefully with working defences.

Combat AI isn't great & combat could do with mounted troops for chasing down archers.

The game also needs a proper market economy simulation. At the moment, prices are based solely off the player's actions. If you aren't buying or selling a given good, prices will remain stable. As soon as you start buying or selling, the price will rise or fall. This system kind of works for EA purposes (even if it is a bit too sensitive at present), but it would be far more interesting to have the player react to simulated supply & demand from the wider kingdom. The way things are implemented now, it only takes one Hunting Lodge, one Tannery, and a single Cobbler to destroy the entire footwear economy of a nation :cry:

Last edited:
Soldato

Is the dev still a one man army then? Im yet to play this but I hope updates come along every now and then to add and fix things.

I plan to get a gaming laptop soon, so will dive into this on gamepass. Can't wait to give it a try.

kdd

kdd

Soldato
Saw a video that says not to bother with fields, instead for food make big burgage plot fields and harvest vegetables and eggs along with berries and animals. I have been importing barley to make beer and I am going pretty well. Hitching points/stables are important as well!

Soldato
Im struggling to trade between 2 owned regions right now. I have pack stations built in both regions but they don't seem to be bringing anything back or it doesn't update correctly at least. I have Flax at the farm house but it's not moving out of the farm house and stays there. Want to trade Flax to my other region for Bread but nope not working! No idea how to fix it either.

Soldato
Ye I read that to, my supplies are running out rapid but read about the plots and planting vegetables etc helps.

It doesn't make sense as I had nearly 20 months supply at one point, I need more workers but the rate you get them is slow.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom