Manor Lords

Soldato
Loving it so far

See city’s skylines 2 devs this is how it’s done.

Tell people its early access and they happily accept some (lots in your case) issues

Cracking game and absolutely hooked

Associate
I played a little yesterday on GamePass and it was a pleasant experience for sure.

Certainly very impressive with how good it is with only 1 dev at the helm. Certainly had to read up on how best to play it though as I was a bit lost to begin with, but a great start in Early Access for sure.

Caporegime
How many of those are gamepass - and how is the dev compensated for those out of interest?

Are they? The source just says "sold" which I took as not including Game Pass.

For Game Pass, it's negotiated on a per-game basis: sometimes MS foots the development cost and gets the game on Game Pass for free; sometimes they pay the developer a fee to put the game on Game Pass and then an amount for each user than installs; some games make most of their money from DLC/microtransactions anyway and so are happy to go on Game Pass just to get more users. I'd guess the second of those is most likely in this case.

Last edited:
Caporegime
I started over 3 times now..

First time I was all good, survived the first attack etc.
2nd time I did a really crap start over planning a village. (homless+hunger penalties at start, no new families would join, takes ages for the penalties to disappear)
3rd time really good, don't like where I started on the map though in one of the corners...

on my first game I was in the very centre of the map :(

Best start seems to be getting multiple ox ASAP as moving logs around is a massive bottleneck to any building, also the sawmill only has capacity to hold 1 log at a time... so needs a dedicated ox!
I skip farming for 2-3 years as it takes too many people.

It's like 1 family per field, then you need the windmill running, and another family baking the bread.

The optimal way for lumber, fire wood, berries, hunting etc is to have them next to the centre of the village? I'm not convinced putting them near the resources is any better.

for building OX seem to always go in the forest grab a log, then transport it to the building site directly....? may as well have a small forest in the centre of the village for efficiency then?

They totally ignore the logs piled up at the lumber jack place?

Last edited:
Caporegime
If it's sold over 1 million copies why is the player peak only 170,000? I smell BS
different time zones? not all 1 mil people play at the same time

also that 170k peak only counts steam.

The games also on gog with no need to steam. https://www.gog.com/en/game/manor_lords + it's on epic https://store.epicgames.com/en-US/p/manor-lords-ef795f
and then theres game pass which you can argue shouldn't count as a sale but an "install"

170k peak on steam probably suggests 600k+ copies sold on steam I'd imagine

Last edited:
Associate
So in my 2nd year i suddenly ran out of food and everyone starved.

Gonn reatart - any tips on food gathering? I couldn't see any carrots come out of the burgese plots and farms had little to no yield to make bread etc.

Caporegime
So in my 2nd year i suddenly ran out of food and everyone starved.

Gonn reatart - any tips on food gathering? I couldn't see any carrots come out of the burgese plots and farms had little to no yield to make bread etc.
I survived on berries and meat easily with 20-25 people.

I think theres some bug with markets, people are saying its better to have 2-3 small ones spread around than one main market.
you can have stock of firewood in storage etc, but none on the market and everyone will freeze to death.

if someones not working right, assume the market place you have is bugged

Last edited:
Associate
I like the look of this but all the videos I've watched everyone's town looks identical, I know its ye old times so you're not exactly going to have great variety but it kills my enthusiasm to play it somewhat.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom