Manor Lords

Associate
Yeah I struggled getting a good food supply at the start, RNG screwed me and gave me a start with very little berries and wild animals and I stupidly didn't set up any farms early enough. Got 3 wheat fields now which keeps me ticking along nicely with bread.

Associate
Just thinking, If there's currently 166,000 players on Steam, it's safe to assume that with people who have bought it but not currently playing plus other platforms (GOG etc) so say 300,000 sales at £26, less 30% platform fee, this dude made c.£5.5million yesterday.

Given it's popularity, I wouldn't be surprised if a AAA publisher buys him out, gets it finished more quickly and slaps an £70 price tag on it

Soldato
Just thinking, If there's currently 166,000 players on Steam, it's safe to assume that with people who have bought it but not currently playing plus other platforms (GOG etc) so say 300,000 sales at £26, less 30% platform fee, this dude made c.£5.5million yesterday.

Given it's popularity, I wouldn't be surprised if a AAA publisher buys him out, gets it finished more quickly and slaps an £70 price tag on it
Isn't it on Game Pass for PC too?

Caporegime
I'm expecting 1-2 years minimum. There's only so fast one guy can work.
he can outsource parts if he can afford too though.
it's pretty common to pay people small fees for custom textures etc and models

hopefully it sells enough copies so the guy can buy/rent a small office somewhere and hire a few other people on full salaries.

more small time devs need the chance to flourish into proper dev studios like back in the 80s, I guess its to easy to sell your soul to MS or sony though

Last edited:
he can outsource parts if he can afford too though.
it's pretty common to pay people small fees for custom textures etc and models

hopefully it sells enough copies so the guy can buy/rent a small office somewhere and hire a few other people on full salaries.

more small time devs need the chance to flourish into proper dev studios like back in the 80s, I guess its to easy to sell your soul to MS or sony though
It's honestly be beyond stupid not to.

He's onto a winner. He's made approx 5 mil yesterday in sales, plus game pass however that works.

He can afford to pay £100k salaries to speed up the development.

Caporegime
Scaling up to a studio is a massive amount of effort. Paying contractors for easily defined tasks is one thing, but putting together a full team to push production is another. Even if he wanted to do that it's unlikely to speed things up much - a few months at most.

I'm sure he'll get some extra help with bits now - and he'll urgently need a community manager - but I think he'll stay doing all the primary design and development himself.

Soldato
I guess it also depends if he really wants a team to help. He's done it by himself up to now and maybe that's out of choice rather than just not being able to afford additional help. I hope he does as it would be nice if it doesn't take forever to be completed, but I guess it could be hard to let others help when you've been in control of everything.

Associate
CDProjectRed should buy him out and make it into a Witcher RTS spin off.

I was a bit disappointed to see it's on UE4, I thought it would be on UE5

Soldato
Think i finally got the hang of it, got a steady run going with everything pretty much running as it should with a few trade routes supporting each other so its balanced.

Got a nice approval rating of around 80% so far. Starting to build up my militia and investing in crafting weapons so i can nuke the other guys :cry:

Back
Top Bottom