• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA 4000 Series

Associate
I would guess a 20% performance boost, but a bigger improvement in areas that really cripple fps (RT), as long more games use it heavily, will do. Not ideal, but enough to pull some 4080/4090 users that want that extra performance. Other segments more cost conscious won’t be jumping from a 4070 to a 5070 so easily. Most users from mid range (not mid range in price though) tend to keep their GPUs for longer.
The main public will be 2000/3000 high end users looking for a big performance boost, but first thing to create such demand is some decent games to justify it. At the moment, not too many games that I fell deserve any GPU costing more than 300-400 pounds. Personal taste, but seems more like copy and paste and generally poorly optimized games.

Man of Honour
This could be us 4090 owners watching the 5070 reveal :eek:

4090 owners still watching 50 series release:

KLRI1dG.jpeg

:p

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
4090 owners will just have to dry their eyes on some paper

You keep saying that whenever this topic comes up grim :D

Are you mortgage free home owner, do you have financial freedom? If not then the gif does not apply in my book.

Buying a 4090 is not that hard you know? Even a very young family member of mine got a brand new iPhone 15 pro max for not much less than a 4090.

Last edited:

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Funny thing is that gif probably is more me than you as I don't part with my cash so easily :cry:

Still waiting for you to smash your 3090 with a hammer by the way? Or did you have to sell it? :p

Last edited:

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
There would be little to no R&D into advancing tech if nobody bought the top SKUs remember. Just like the car market, if nobody buys the top tier trim models then the trickle down effect never happens and the model family becomes a total flop.

Sure but it is funny when they buy a 3090 and then complain about top end GPU's costing more and more however :cry:

Man of Honour
He has said that the pricing is the new normal and to get used to it. Lots of people seem to be forgetting this.

Hell it was known even in 2022:

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
He has said that the pricing is the new normal and to get used to it. Lots of people seem to be forgetting this.

Hell it was known even in 2022:

He also said 970 had 4GB and held a GPU up that was meant to be the real thing and it turned out to have wooden screws. Lol.

It will be what it will be once it is announced. Even then it could change. Just look at the 4080 12GB :cry:

Soldato
if both keep increasing prices, then pc gaming will ultimately die in time, they wont develop games with such a small user base or push the boundaries of graphics with few owning high end gpus capable of running it. obviously this is a long term view. instead either wages will catch up n make them more affordable to the masses in time, or the highly unlikely if not impossible scenario of them reducing prices.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom