• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA 4000 Series

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
A 4090 everyone can afford, finally.

0Kv36jO.jpeg

Going to buy two and SLI them :D

Soldato
Thing is, not like we NEED to upgrade. My current card can play everything in my steam library. I would be fine not buying any triple a games that my card could not handle and skip a gen if needed. What would that be, 5 or so games? Even then one could play those with settings down a bit or two if you really wanted.

Point is even if card prices shot up and one did not want to be taken from behind dry you could still enjoy current library, plus many other new games that are not super demanding like indie games or whatever. Not being able to upgrade does not mean you can't suddenly be a pc gamer.

No need to upgrade these days for years
My 8700k cpu was about 6 years old and my 2080ti was 4 years old before I upgraded and they were still running just about everything at fairly good FPS on my 3440x1440 UW monitor

I only really upgraded as I wanted to not because I needed too ;),

I reckon my old 8700k/32GB/2080ti system could have easily lasted me another few years
(Actually them parts are going be lasting me an extra few years as there in my second system now)

Last edited:
Soldato
Which games? I have not come across this and tried many games.
You'll be running DLSS then.

DLSS3 increases vram use too, needing lower settings/drop presets, worst case scenario we could use AMD's FSR3.1 and DLSS when decoupling comes the end of March/May if it uses less vram than DLSS3-if it's not delayed.:p

All because NV flat out refuse to add a few quid to the BOM until it's in front of the publics noses-Ti Super for example.

If your looking for games where it happens, Daniel Owen amongst others have many vids showing NV shared system ram data in games released last year using over 4/8/10/12Gb at all different res.

There's even users mentioning/data on YT showing >16Gb@4K too .

All games don't completely fall apart but the driver overhead sometimes ain't pretty, there's either upscaling or dropping settings to enable.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
You'll be running DLSS then.

DLSS3 increases vram use too, needing lower settings/drop presets, worst case scenario we could use AMD's FSR3.1 and DLSS when decoupling comes the end of March/May if it uses less vram than DLSS3-if it's not delayed.:p

All because NV flat out refuse to add a few quid to the BOM until it's in front of the publics noses-Ti Super for example.

If your looking for games where it happens, Daniel Owen amongst others have many vids showing NV shared system ram data in games released last year using over 4/8/10/12Gb at all different res.

There's even users mentioning/data on YT showing >16Gb@4K too .

All games don't completely fall apart but the driver overhead sometimes ain't pretty, there's either upscaling or dropping settings to enable.

If DLSS is available in a game I will use it for sure. Playing Horizon Forbidden West right now which is one of the best looking games on PC imo and use FrameGen and had zero issues with vram.

I don't watch any of those youtube channels. Just get my news from here these days.

Soldato
Am using the steam version of crysis with windows 11
Got it working no using the fix that copies the bin32 folder from Crysis Warhead.

A few Reshade settings makes it look pretty darn good from the original which seems a bit flat now.

YblRi6J.png
t8GraEB.png

its not ustiling the 4090 or CPU much. CPU 25% GPU 65% ish and runing abuut 90 FPS and very buggy having a few CTD's so dont tihnk Ill bother.

Last edited:
Soldato
If DLSS is available in a game I will use it for sure. Playing Horizon Forbidden West right now which is one of the best looking games on PC imo and use FrameGen and had zero issues with vram.
Whatever works for you enjoy it.

I'll need to have a look and see if it can compete/surpass AFOP, I've got the first one in my library a while but never played it, or can you jump straight into FW as playing both is never going to happen?
I don't watch any of those youtube channels. Just get my news from here these days.
Could explain why you may still be under the impression that it's 'just one game':p

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Whatever works for you enjoy it.

I'll need to have a look and see if it can compete/surpass AFOP, I've got the first one in my library a while but never played it, or can you jump straight into FW as playing both is never going to happen?

Could explain why you may still be under the impression that it's 'just one game':p

Well you guys say this game or that. The it gets debunked. What can I do? :p

Back
Top Bottom