**** Official Fallout 76 Thread ****

Soldato
I havent logged in for about 9 months now after hitting LVL900 and I kinda miss it.
You guys giving this thread a bump have just caused me to hit the download button on steam again to see if I can remember how how to everything. Pretty sure I've got more weapons and resources than I know what the hell to with :D
Yes! No escape! :)

I think this is what you call "a good haul".
Just a bit! I have, like, 20 stable flux of each type, and that's the most I've ever had.

Also found a nice Enclave Plasma gun today.

Its an auto barrel with reflex, its not the aligned auto barrel mind you, so not the super rare one, but none the less pretty good and the best one I have found so far.

Only slightly anoying thing is the flamer uses Rifleman Perks (for some bizzare reason) so to swap out between the two you need to swap your perk cards over, which you can do reasonably quickly but not ideal. But might have to live with that as the auto version is FAR superior to the single shot short barrel version I have been using up until now.
Nice!

As someone who swaps between rifle and commando depending on the situatoin, I quite like the fact that the plasma flamers are rifle class for perks. It's the only real high dps option for rifles that can compete with commando options. I've been using it on decryption ops for the boss, since my fixer and gauss rifle lack the dps to bring them down in a reasonable time. Higher risk of been spotted and losing stealth, espeiclaly against the assaultron bosses it seems, but it melt their health bar probably as fast as my quad railway.

Got my rifle and commando loadouts sorted, but still dithering over what to use if I want to switch to heavy. Now thinking some combination of shredder, gatling gun and gatling plasma. Getting close to allied with Crater for the gauss minigun too, though...

Soldato
So I logged in yesterday, turns out that my FO 1st subscription which my wife bought for me last year for a present is still active and I've got more gear and resources than I'll ever know what to do with.
Can see there's a load of content been added so I need to get through some of it over the next week but it was nice for a few hours just walking around the map again, chilling to the ambient tunes and generally doing Fallout stuff with some randoms..

They nerfed all my legacy weapons I see finally, so my explosive gatling plasma, explosive flamer and explosive laser rifle are just bloodied versions now so when I recalled the Imposter Sheepsquatch yesterday it was actually a pretty decent challenge rather than getting melted by the entire server in 6 seconds, deffo an excellent change and well overdue....

Soldato
So I logged in yesterday, turns out that my FO 1st subscription which my wife bought for me last year for a present is still active and I've got more gear and resources than I'll ever know what to do with.
Can see there's a load of content been added so I need to get through some of it over the next week but it was nice for a few hours just walking around the map again, chilling to the ambient tunes and generally doing Fallout stuff with some randoms..

They nerfed all my legacy weapons I see finally, so my explosive gatling plasma, explosive flamer and explosive laser rifle are just bloodied versions now so when I recalled the Imposter Sheepsquatch yesterday it was actually a pretty decent challenge rather than getting melted by the entire server in 6 seconds, deffo an excellent change and well overdue....
I only know about legacies from hearing stories about how broken they were. They sound chaotic!

Also still finding the chill satisfaction of pottering around the Fallout world with random players alluring. This is on its way to the top four or five of my most-played games in terms of hours put into it already.

So, you (or your wife) were accidentally paying for FO1st for a year? That must have been a surprise!

I am still working on trying to get a heavy weapon PA build going so I can swap to that when I feel like it. The legendary RNG is seemingly dedicated to ruining my days, though. Just cannot roll even a half-decent gatling gun or shredder. Must have rolled on 20 of each now. Just streams of nocturnal, mutant slayer's, exterminator's, quad (often nice, but useless for these), hunter's, medics... and useless second stars too... gah!

This is obviously RNG karma payback for rolling a good gauss rifle and a quad explosive handmade on my first or second try for each :(

Soldato
@strumpusplunket

Yup, getting good rolls.......

Trying to get a good roll on this Plasma Rifle but as you reckon I've rolled 20 times now all *****.

Sometimes you get lucky but like this on my fixer as well, took aaaaages to get a good roll.

At least it's easy enough to farm enough legendaries for your 500 per day.

I also hit the cap limit for the first time, so I bought a load of plans from vendor bots for camp items I'll probably never build.

Have to have a think about some investments, gold bullion is also starting to build up.

Soldato
I only know about legacies from hearing stories about how broken they were. They sound chaotic!

Also still finding the chill satisfaction of pottering around the Fallout world with random players alluring. This is on its way to the top four or five of my most-played games in terms of hours put into it already.

So, you (or your wife) were accidentally paying for FO1st for a year? That must have been a surprise!

I am still working on trying to get a heavy weapon PA build going so I can swap to that when I feel like it. The legendary RNG is seemingly dedicated to ruining my days, though. Just cannot roll even a half-decent gatling gun or shredder. Must have rolled on 20 of each now. Just streams of nocturnal, mutant slayer's, exterminator's, quad (often nice, but useless for these), hunter's, medics... and useless second stars too... gah!

This is obviously RNG karma payback for rolling a good gauss rifle and a quad explosive handmade on my first or second try for each :(

Yeah, I was a day 1 adopter unfortunately and am a total Fallout nerd....the Legacy weapons I had were actually earned early game days before they removed the ability and then a load more got dupe hacked in and either sold for real money externally or sold for in-game currency. All of them were stupidly over powered (especially the Gatling Plasma), with the splitter barrel on it shot 8 seperate explosive pellets, each one doing the same damage as a single shot plasma round, at a high rate of fire and with a 250 mag size. Was utterly broken from the outset and its great they have killed them off finally.

My wife bought me a FO 1st sub last year as a prezzy, I would never have dipped in myself but I'm a nightmare to shop for and thats what she thought of for some reason. Its nice having the scrap box, tent and score board perks but I'm not a builder so the Atoms pretty much go to waste. I logged into 15k+ atoms as I just dont spend them. As I havent logged in for ages and the Season is nearly up I may just blow the lot on ranking up the season levels...dunno yet.

I'm a Heavy Gunner Bloodied PA build as well, I run high strength, high intelligence build with some utility as well in the Special Perks. I use Overeaters Ultracite PA, simply because I have a bugged set that allows me to install a Jet Pack on the Arm and Emergency Protocols on the chest :cry:....The Union PA would be my next choice though due to the built in poison resistance but no way in hell am I grinding stamps for the mods, aint happening.

For weapons generally I run a Bloodied Faster Fire rate Gatling Gun for low level wandering around stuff, Bloodied Explosive .50 cal for public events and Bloodied Gatling Plasma for Bosses complimented with a good supply of Nuka Grenades. The Plasma Caster and Guass Minigun are also excellent as well (the Plasma Caster properly slaps in VATs) but the Guass Minigun ammo is expensive as hell to craft and the standard minigun while good just chews through ammo like it doesnt exist.

Also got a few rare gems as well such as the Fancy Shotgun which you get by turning in Pleasant Valley tickets to the bot at Pleasant SKi Resort and is a mega rare drop...

Soldato
@strumpusplunket

Yup, getting good rolls.......

Trying to get a good roll on this Plasma Rifle but as you reckon I've rolled 20 times now all *****.

Sometimes you get lucky but like this on my fixer as well, took aaaaages to get a good roll.

At least it's easy enough to farm enough legendaries for your 500 per day.

I also hit the cap limit for the first time, so I bought a load of plans from vendor bots for camp items I'll probably never build.

Have to have a think about some investments, gold bullion is also starting to build up.

The problem I am now having is that my 500 daily scrip is largely accounted for by scripping my dud rolls from the previous day, so my stock of scrip and modules is steadily depleting. Hopefully I get a good roll before they're gone!

I am constantly looking around for things to buy with caps, and I've also just started grabbing random camp plans for no real reason other than spending them.

Yeah, I was a day 1 adopter unfortunately and am a total Fallout nerd....the Legacy weapons I had were actually earned early game days before they removed the ability and then a load more got dupe hacked in and either sold for real money externally or sold for in-game currency. All of them were stupidly over powered (especially the Gatling Plasma), with the splitter barrel on it shot 8 seperate explosive pellets, each one doing the same damage as a single shot plasma round, at a high rate of fire and with a 250 mag size. Was utterly broken from the outset and its great they have killed them off finally.

My wife bought me a FO 1st sub last year as a prezzy, I would never have dipped in myself but I'm a nightmare to shop for and thats what she thought of for some reason. Its nice having the scrap box, tent and score board perks but I'm not a builder so the Atoms pretty much go to waste. I logged into 15k+ atoms as I just dont spend them. As I havent logged in for ages and the Season is nearly up I may just blow the lot on ranking up the season levels...dunno yet.

I'm a Heavy Gunner Bloodied PA build as well, I run high strength, high intelligence build with some utility as well in the Special Perks. I use Overeaters Ultracite PA, simply because I have a bugged set that allows me to install a Jet Pack on the Arm and Emergency Protocols on the chest :cry:....The Union PA would be my next choice though due to the built in poison resistance but no way in hell am I grinding stamps for the mods, aint happening.

For weapons generally I run a Bloodied Faster Fire rate Gatling Gun for low level wandering around stuff, Bloodied Explosive .50 cal for public events and Bloodied Gatling Plasma for Bosses complimented with a good supply of Nuka Grenades. The Plasma Caster and Guass Minigun are also excellent as well (the Plasma Caster properly slaps in VATs) but the Guass Minigun ammo is expensive as hell to craft and the standard minigun while good just chews through ammo like it doesnt exist.

Also got a few rare gems as well such as the Fancy Shotgun which you get by turning in Pleasant Valley tickets to the bot at Pleasant SKi Resort and is a mega rare drop...

I hear bloodied builds are very powerful, but I just don't think I could manage the low health and rad levels constantly. The amount of times Born Survivor kicks in for me tells me I would die a lot as bloodied! And I always seem to pick up rads at awkward times too.

I have full health rifle and commando builds saved and they're fine. Quad Railway melts, and my rifleman can stay in stealth while enemies walk over the top of him, but looking to get some PA heavy action going and I just want some halfway decent rolls, please RNGesus! Trying for a GG with any of Aristrocrat's, AA, or Vampire's with FFR or explosive (or even DWA would do). But nothing doing, apparently.

Also have The Final Word .50cal, which is okay for now, an AA FFR flamer and an Ari's DWA gatling plasma. Almost ready to go, but want to round it out with GG as daily use gun like you say, and also quite fancy a good shredder (though flamer probably covers my close-range DPS).

Have a Hellcat's set as well, with two OE pieces and okay/mediocre other rolls. As full health I don't worry about poison as much as bloodied builds. Hardly every die to it, but do some frantic stimming from time to time.

(I never spend my Atoms either. Never sure what is actually worth grabbing)

Soldato
Bloodied is much easier to manage than you would expect and nothing comes close in terms of damage output when mixed with perks like Nerd Rage, Adrenaline and Bloody Mess as well as Heavy Gunners in strength.
In Power Armor the damage resistance and mitigation offered by Power Armor (default mitigation is 45% across all sets iirc) is such that even at sub 20% health (to trigger Nerd Rage) you'll still tank hits like a boss from just about anything

I very rarely die ever (unless its poison, **** stingwings :cry:) and I'm carrying so many Stimpaks that stabbing myself now and again isnt an issue. Rad management is also easy, I never take Rad-X or Diluted Rad-X as all Power Armor has 90% rad resistance

None Power Armor Bloodied builds are higher risk but generally Stealth and Suppressors are used to avoid taking damage at all.

Add me if you want fella kurtz207....happy to jump in at some point during the week and share some stuff with you if you need anything.

Soldato
Bloodied is much easier to manage than you would expect and nothing comes close in terms of damage output when mixed with perks like Nerd Rage, Adrenaline and Bloody Mess as well as Heavy Gunners in strength.
In Power Armor the damage resistance and mitigation offered by Power Armor (default mitigation is 45% across all sets iirc) is such that even at sub 20% health (to trigger Nerd Rage) you'll still tank hits like a boss from just about anything

I very rarely die ever (unless its poison, **** stingwings :cry:) and I'm carrying so many Stimpaks that stabbing myself now and again isnt an issue. Rad management is also easy, I never take Rad-X or Diluted Rad-X as all Power Armor has 90% rad resistance

None Power Armor Bloodied builds are higher risk but generally Stealth and Suppressors are used to avoid taking damage at all.

Add me if you want fella kurtz207....happy to jump in at some point during the week and share some stuff with you if you need anything.

Right, I guess power armour must make a big difference. I've still never used it, but must give it a try. I have a decent(ish) set of Hellcat now and enough bullion to get all the mods.

Not sure if the targeting HUD is worth it or not. I guess for cloaked uplnk ops it might be good?

And do I go for emergency protocols, jet pack, kinetic dynamo or medic pump? Jet packs are cool, but I have one on my SS chest. Emergency protocols sounds it would make me extra tanky if things go south, but not sure it's best unless I decide to go bloodied? Medic pump might be better for full health, but then the dynamo might keep the dodgy perk going...

Will add you on social next time I'm on. Not sure I need much of anything except legenfary modules, which you can't share anyway, but cheers! :)

Soldato
Holy ****!

Talk about buses.

So I've spent about the last month trying to get hold of a decent Enclave plasma rifle, last week or so, found one with a reflex, auto barrel and stock, pretty good, but the auto barrel was standard.

Was just about to log off and remembered I hadn't checked the Whitesprings bunker, to my amazment, two, with reflex, auto barrels and stock, one of the auto barrels in an aligned and one true.

The aligned apparently is pretty valuable.

Now to get rolling, again........

Associate
Working my way through the levels and missions. Loving the game and I am joining more public events, just need to get more legendary cores and bits ready for level 50. Think I'm 34 at the moment and using pistols with perception, intelligence and agility for now.

Soldato
Working my way through the levels and missions. Loving the game and I am joining more public events, just need to get more legendary cores and bits ready for level 50. Think I'm 34 at the moment and using pistols with perception, intelligence and agility for now.

Yea nice, it's a great game in all honesty, not as good as Fallout 4 imo, but credit where credit is due.

Also a good pre curser to Starfield if you are at all interested.

I hit a wall about a month ago, but might log in again next few days and have a quick bimble, was trying to roll "overeaters" secret service armour pieces as they give a flat out damage reduction (as apposed to resistance) which is better.

Associate
I have 2 legendary weapons but they are getting too weak so need to farm legendary cores etc, this is where the grind is hard when your lower level and can't complete a daily on your own but other then the quests have been fun and some of the side missions are cool.

Back
Top Bottom