**** Official Fallout 76 Thread ****

Associate
Save your script for later, then you can get full legendary armour at a higher level so it's more effective. I have slowly levelled up to 45 in 70 hours but used all my script doing so, with I had enough for level 50 which is the gear cap.

Soldato
So this is available on Gamepass but does it play anything like past Fallout games or worth playing if you are a fan of the series?

The visuals and mechanics are basically all the QoL improvements you could ever want from FO4. There is a mass of story and lore to work through.

Don't worry about having the perfect equipment loadout, you'll see a thousand youtube videos telling you what the best legendary versions of each item is and how you need to have that particular model to be effective in a fight.

But they're wrong, i watch ManyaTrueNerd do most of his playthrough with a stock pipe revolver and RyconRoleplays did a permadeath run using a bow. All weapons are viable if you have the right perks loaded.

The perk cards? It's a great system. Do you remember how in FO4 after around level 25-30 you were nearly unkillable and a master in every type of combat? 76 stops this power creep by limiting you to only 50 active perks, max out your single shot sniper and shotgun damage perk, sure, but now you'll be meh with automatic rifles, heavy weapons and pistols.

It's not a "real" MMO, it's more like a single player game with optional co-op. You don't need to play with other people, in fact if you don't visit their camps or join them at group events you probably won't see another player.

Associate
The visuals and mechanics are basically all the QoL improvements you could ever want from FO4. There is a mass of story and lore to work through.

Don't worry about having the perfect equipment loadout, you'll see a thousand youtube videos telling you what the best legendary versions of each item is and how you need to have that particular model to be effective in a fight.

But they're wrong, i watch ManyaTrueNerd do most of his playthrough with a stock pipe revolver and RyconRoleplays did a permadeath run using a bow. All weapons are viable if you have the right perks loaded.

The perk cards? It's a great system. Do you remember how in FO4 after around level 25-30 you were nearly unkillable and a master in every type of combat? 76 stops this power creep by limiting you to only 50 active perks, max out your single shot sniper and shotgun damage perk, sure, but now you'll be meh with automatic rifles, heavy weapons and pistols.

It's not a "real" MMO, it's more like a single player game with optional co-op. You don't need to play with other people, in fact if you don't visit their camps or join them at group events you probably won't see another player.
Thanks for the write up :}

I don't think I have played a Fallout game that I didn't enjoy or complete so I'll definitely check this out at some point especially now that it is suppose to be in a really good state compared to when it 1st launched.

Soldato
Thanks for the write up :}

I don't think I have played a Fallout game that I didn't enjoy or complete so I'll definitely check this out at some point especially now that it is suppose to be in a really good state compared to when it 1st launched.

Yea Fallout 76 is great.

To be honest not that far off Fallout 4, you just can't mod.

You can play it 99% single player if you want to.

Well worth it considering you can get it pretty cheap.

Soldato
Yea Fallout 76 is great.

To be honest not that far off Fallout 4, you just can't mod.

There are some basic visual mods, you can fix the UI, update the weather (i spend the winter seasons running around a snowy wonderland), you can add text chat, quick change your perk card loadout (for about a year before they added a more basic version in-game), few other QoL things.

Soldato
Picked this up just before Starfield launched and since that kind of died for me I’m playing this now, far far better game imho.
A very nice chap gave me a chest with a jet pack on it….last night I modified it not realising that the jet would go, been in a crap mood all day due to that lol.

Need to get some of the flux stuff now sigh.

Soldato
There are some basic visual mods, you can fix the UI, update the weather (i spend the winter seasons running around a snowy wonderland), you can add text chat, quick change your perk card loadout (for about a year before they added a more basic version in-game), few other QoL things.
Text chat would be good, dont want to be shouting in my bedroom when the wife is asleep.

Are these ok to use still?

Soldato
Couldn't agree more. In their respective current states, Fallout 76 ***** all over Starfield.
Good grief yes.
I put maybe 10-15 hours into Starfield and it just wasn't grabbing me.
Perhaps starting a new universe is harder than we think, Fallout has got a lot of background lore to work with. And 76 let's you actually "live" the experience, SF just made me feel life a visitor.

Soldato
Good grief yes.
I put maybe 10-15 hours into Starfield and it just wasn't grabbing me.
Perhaps starting a new universe is harder than we think, Fallout has got a lot of background lore to work with. And 76 let's you actually "live" the experience, SF just made me feel life a visitor.
I sunk 200 or so hours into it, some parts are really good and some are so bad it's laughable. I think they got stuck on what a Bethesda game is and tried to make it too much of "go see this person" now "go back to that person" which is ok in a fallout world where most stuff is broken and you have to walk....discovering new quests and forgetting the original one you just started is half the fun for me.

Anyway, enough Starfield until it's fixed.

Loving 76 just now, the Jet pack thing really wound me up because I really didn't want to have to do more flux collecting so soon, took me about an hour to get 30 raw Cobalt, I thought even if I modified the armour then unused mods would at least be stored....or maybe even the scrap for them would. I found Minerva at Fort Atlas last night so bought the Secret service jet pack plan from her, ball achingly expensive but one I'll use a lot I think, then I went to Regs and bought the SS chest piece.....cant wait a week for Minerva to move and do a new rotation lol.
I need to do the mission where I get to launch nukes, I had to jump servers about 10 times last night before I got one with a nuke launched. I guess tonight will be getting Violet flux, I had 5 and gave them to my mate to make his first Jet Pack which I'm really regretting now, he is really rubbing it in by flying off to bits I cant get to lol.

Soldato
About 2 hours of wandering blast zones again got me the flux I needed, now back to where I was hours ago.

What sort of builds are you folks running? I'm just chucking cards into it with not much clue in what is really making a difference, currently aorund lvl 130ish so I really should start sorting this out.

I've upgraded most cards, used my legendary cards which I think I now have 3.

Soldato
About 2 hours of wandering blast zones again got me the flux I needed, now back to where I was hours ago.

What sort of builds are you folks running? I'm just chucking cards into it with not much clue in what is really making a difference, currently aorund lvl 130ish so I really should start sorting this out.

I've upgraded most cards, used my legendary cards which I think I now have 3.

Junkies and and rifleman, don't use power armour either.

I got a quite a rare Enclave plasma rifle set which whilst only being very marginally better than standard definitely carry a cool factor.

It isn't the best build, I think if you use power armour go bloodied and heavy weapons, but power armour was never my thing in Fallout.

Soldato
Junkies and and rifleman, don't use power armour either.

I got a quite a rare Enclave plasma rifle set which whilst only being very marginally better than standard definitely carry a cool factor.

It isn't the best build, I think if you use power armour go bloodied and heavy weapons, but power armour was never my thing in Fallout.
I dont like using Power armour but I die a lot faster when I'm not in it lol.

Working on getting the Secret service armour now so I dont have to be in PA as much.

Soldato
I dont like using Power armour but I die a lot faster when I'm not in it lol.

Working on getting the Secret service armour now so I dont have to be in PA as much.

Yup that's what I use.

Last time I played I was working my way through getting a full "overeaters" set. After a while you get your damage resistance high enough anyway, but overeaters provides a flat out damage reduction, a full set I think is 30% or basically you take one third less damage on the first place, before resistances etc are factored in.

Then with perks on top you are pretty tanky even without power armour, but not to the point where it would make a bloodied build comfortable, possible sure, but probably not practical.

Back
Top Bottom