Retro Collectors

Soldato
OP
Game and Watch 51 to 65 now complete

2haKtcG.jpeg

Soldato
OP
I collect boxed and as mint as I can find home computers and consoles. Ive posted pictures of many before so won't do that again, but here is a sample.

My Analogue's too

Very nice. My 8bits are in the loft. I’ve got the usuals but I did have a bit of a cull, they were just sitting in the loft. My favourites are an Oric 1 and a Dragon 64 that were given to me by a mate who used to run a classic small town computer shop in the 80s and 90s both brand new from the dregs of his stock room. Interestingly I thought I observed a trend in the IT job market (especially contract rates) and the value of those, I wonder why :D

Although game wise I’m basically allergic to Nintendo it seemed a far more buoyant market (urgh Pokemon) so it’s a compromise between a personal collection and a stab at an excuse of an investment, honest.

I have a lot more and when I get around to putting it on display nicely I will. Too busy at the moment. Still it’s been a fun way to spend a years ISA allowance.

Eta, with the nintendo stuff, there are fakes everywhere, it’s a nightmare. 99% “mint” nintendo items are at least in fake boxes, there is even one in my picture but at least it’s only 1/200. My ifixit kit has never been so useful!

Last edited:
Man of Honour
All my Nintendo stuff is from back in the day, all boxed, all original. I am likely to sell the lot at some point as it just takes up space (all in a walk in wardrobe in one of my bedrooms) so needs to go.

Man of Honour
I really want to start collecting stuff but I know my wife would kill me; I'd love to get hold of some 90's stuff for Mega Drive and maybe PS1 but I think I might start with some Gameboy Handheld stuff, I've still got my original DS Lite and a few games so DS and GBA games would seem a good place to start - always fancied a 3DS XL as well with some of the games that were available on that.

Back
Top Bottom