*** Samsung Galaxy Z Fold Thread (it can fold and everything) ***

Associate
OP
What in particular?
Well I actually use the 3 apps open all the time when I am driving i have maps/Spotify/phone open, can't do that on the pixel, also things like share large files instantly uploads and gives a linknthat expires after x amount of time. Also the Bixby routines is far more powerful and in depth than the google equivalent, I set it up for location based automation when I arrive to different work places trigures seceral thing then when I leave it puts them all back

Soldato
Had to put my Z Fold 4 in for repair today as the hinge suddenly stopped opening all the way.

Not long got it back off Samsung and they've pretty much given me a totally new d3vice. Nothing else was wrong put its a full new chassis, new front screen integral folding screen and new battery :eek:

On their notes it states the touch screen was faulty when they tested it but definable was nothing wrong. However it has a new IMEI number but all my data was still on it. So it seems like they just put the main board in the new chassis.

Very odd. Not complaining though.

Soldato
Had to put my Z Fold 4 in for repair today as the hinge suddenly stopped opening all the way.

Not long got it back off Samsung and they've pretty much given me a totally new d3vice. Nothing else was wrong put its a full new chassis, new front screen integral folding screen and new battery :eek:

On their notes it states the touch screen was faulty when they tested it but definable was nothing wrong. However it has a new IMEI number but all my data was still on it. So it seems like they just put the main board in the new chassis.

Very odd. Not complaining though.

How long did it take?

Soldato
I don't think they did damage the screen, from what I can tell, the shell, hinge and screen is one whole part - i.e. they'll replace the whole lot if one of those things is broken.

When I dropped a small metal thumb drive on the inner screen of my Fold 2, DPD picked it up and Samsung repaired it free of charge - I don't know why, I told them on the phone I had accidentally damaged the screen.

The phone came back with a list of replaced part numbers. When I Googled the part numbers, it shows the screen comes attached to the two sides.

Soldato
Yup, I'm confident that's the case. They replaced the battery on mine too, based on the code of parts they replaced which was strange as the phone was probably a month old maximum when I damaged the screen.

Soldato
Just found it odd that they said on the paper work the touch screen was damaged and needed replaced. That's what made me think it was damaged when they opened the phone up.

Soldato
I always buy sim free. Never will I pay on contract, as it costs way more.
I'm certainly not paying more on my contract. The SIM plan and phone cost are separate and for the device you literally are paying the full device cost spread over 3 years and the plan is about equal with their SIM only plan.

Soldato
Was interested untill I played with friends fold 5 the crease is to off putting, OnePlus open seems better for that also like the front screen isn't as narrow but think I'll wait till it's more refined

Soldato
Was interested untill I played with friends fold 5 the crease is to off putting, OnePlus open seems better for that also like the front screen isn't as narrow but think I'll wait till it's more refined
To be honest after 14 months with the fold 4 I don't even notice the crease at all now.

Associate
It grows on you though. I new it was there when I bought the phone, but I don't even see it anymore.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom