*** Show us your bikes! ***

Soldato
Beautiful, and the correct colour scheme.
That's what I was looking for when I changed my ZX10R but couldn't find one local, so ended up with the S1000R instead.
How are you finding it?
Mental :p the decat Austin racing can sounds epic, pops and bangs on downshifts. The only thing I was thinking of doing is lowering it ever so slightly as I’m on my tip toes both sides.

Soldato
Yeah I'm ok thanks, was knocked out straight away, had bruising and concussion but all good, helmet and leathers did the job.
No idea what happened tbh, looked at data and everything was the same as the race before, lean angles, throttle etc.
Only difference the Air ambulance landed on the spot I crashed in the race before, maybe something was dropped but I can't be certain.

Tis racing though and it happens, managed to secure my 3rd in the championship thankfully after race 1.

Back to it all next year now, just need to rebuild it first.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Behold the best money I've ever spent. This thing could've cost me double the price and I'd still stick by that statement, it's an absolute blast to ride. 30hp sounds like nothing but that CVT is dialled in absolutely perfectly, the thing just pulls. Leaving my Aprilia behind is something I thought I'd regret but I've forgotten about it already. Picked it up at 12ish, went straight to a mate's to grab him and then off to Ryka's (Box Hill) for lunch. Even two up, the thing just goes. No hesitation, no resistance, you twist on that throttle and it just squirts. I've done 50-odd miles on it and I'm about to do some more to go pick up my wife on it.

I was worried that I wouldn't gel with it when I move out of London, but I can't see me ever selling this thing. It's got a permanent spot in my garage.

JF63N8X.jpeg

1bKznpz.jpeg

jJY7pOz.jpeg

IC3

IC3

Soldato
Don't you get bored of the automatic gearbox? half of the fun is in the manual gearbox for me, revmatch, clutchless upshifts etc.

Caporegime
Don't you get bored of the automatic gearbox? half of the fun is in the manual gearbox for me, revmatch, clutchless upshifts etc.

Not at all, very different experience. Like I always say, slamming a 'box through the gears is great fun too, but when you're carving through London traffic, nothing comes close to simply twisting and disappearing.

Have you ridden a decent scooter before? You really should, the instant power delivery at a millisecond's notice is very addictive.

I'm so confident in this that I'll happily let anyone take it for a spin.

IC3

IC3

Soldato
Not at all, very different experience. Like I always say, slamming a 'box through the gears is great fun too, but when you're carving through London traffic, nothing comes close to simply twisting and disappearing.

Have you ridden a decent scooter before? You really should, the instant power delivery at a millisecond's notice is very addictive.

I'm so confident in this that I'll happily let anyone take it for a spin.
I rode the new Aerox 150 in Phuket, the technology has deffo improved back from when I use to own a ped (were already pretty dated tbh)

Caporegime
I rode the new Aerox 150 in Phuket, the technology has deffo improved back from when I use to own a ped (were already pretty dated tbh)

I could never have predicted the leap from my 125 to this thing, it's like going from a Fiesta to a Range Rover in terms of feel. This thing feels heavier, more solid, I sit higher, it is generally a much more substantial machine. Whereas on the Aprilia (and Vespa) I got blown around a bit, this thing feels like a truck could hit me and the truck would simply bend around me. It's hard to explain, you have to experience it. If you're ever local to London give me a shout, I'm fairly confident you'll gain a whole new appreciation for these big scooters if you have a go on one!

Back
Top Bottom