*** Show us your bikes! ***

Soldato
embed

My little bro. :)

IC3

IC3

Soldato
I could never have predicted the leap from my 125 to this thing, it's like going from a Fiesta to a Range Rover in terms of feel. This thing feels heavier, more solid, I sit higher, it is generally a much more substantial machine. Whereas on the Aprilia (and Vespa) I got blown around a bit, this thing feels like a truck could hit me and the truck would simply bend around me. It's hard to explain, you have to experience it. If you're ever local to London give me a shout, I'm fairly confident you'll gain a whole new appreciation for these big scooters if you have a go on one!
I completely get what you said about the comfort and maneuverability, for short trips moped is a no brainer imho.

Associate
I really have a hankering for a blue one just like that!
Is it the carbed or injection model?
01 FI. Bought in 2001 as a bit of a rescue bike needing some work but with quite low mileage. Since then I've had the stanchions replaced, fresh oe stator, rectifier (about every 15k), 'as new' condition oe radiator with correct cap, caliper seals refresh and a few other odds and ends. now quite nicely sorted. 21k when I bought it, 45k now. Wheel bearings lat year. What else? Oh yes, oe seat replacing the armchair thing that was on it. Puig screen (although really still looking for a factory fit quality bubble screen). Bar grips, end weights... It's ongoing haha. But yes, a good bike, nice long legged analogue (no traction or ABS) mile muncher with handling.

To-do's? Will get a Nitron rear shock (refresh swing arm bearings and linkage) and probably K-Tech front linear springs. Keeping the oil grade as the forks damping is about perfect. The rear oe Showa shock is getting a little tired now. Oh and it's acquired a fairly loud airhorn which parps much better than the original irritating beep beepy thing.

They're a lot of bike for peanuts really.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
01 FI. Bought in 2001 as a bit of a rescue bike needing some work but with quite low mileage. Since then I've had the stanchions replaced, fresh oe stator, rectifier (about every 15k), 'as new' condition oe radiator with correct cap, caliper seals refresh and a few other odds and ends. now quite nicely sorted. 21k when I bought it, 45k now. Wheel bearings lat year. What else? Oh yes, oe seat replacing the armchair thing that was on it. Puig screen (although really still looking for a factory fit quality bubble screen). Bar grips, end weights... It's ongoing haha. But yes, a good bike, nice long legged analogue (no traction or ABS) mile muncher with handling.

To-do's? Will get a Nitron rear shock (refresh swing arm bearings and linkage) and probably K-Tech front linear springs. Keeping the oil grade as the forks damping is about perfect. The rear oe Showa shock is getting a little tired now. Oh and it's acquired a fairly loud airhorn which parps much better than the original irritating beep beepy thing.

They're a lot of bike for peanuts really.
I let mine go for proper peanuts 3 years ago, from the ones I've seen pop up I should have held on a bit longer and doubled my money :o

Excellent bike if they're the sort of bike you enjoy, turns out they aren't for me. Only found this out after gaining 6 points and a healthy fine from it though :cry:

Associate
I let mine go for proper peanuts 3 years ago, from the ones I've seen pop up I should have held on a bit longer and doubled my money :o

Excellent bike if they're the sort of bike you enjoy, turns out they aren't for me. Only found this out after gaining 6 points and a healthy fine from it though :cry:
Oh! Haha, funny and sorry to hear that! Yep, it'll do that speed thing with ease and hang with most modern stuff. Summer before last I had a memorable run with a naked S1000R and just remained there for a good twenty mile run. Moreover I was interested in what the guy on the BMW was doing. It's entertainment when the guy knows you're still there. Before I get the ADI brigade commenting, I will say that I've been ADi level for the last thirty plus years. Cams fitted now too which will hopefully make this years IoM mountain runs easier to look back on.

2023-05-31-01082.jpg

Soldato
Behold the best money I've ever spent. This thing could've cost me double the price and I'd still stick by that statement, it's an absolute blast to ride. 30hp sounds like nothing but that CVT is dialled in absolutely perfectly, the thing just pulls. Leaving my Aprilia behind is something I thought I'd regret but I've forgotten about it already. Picked it up at 12ish, went straight to a mate's to grab him and then off to Ryka's (Box Hill) for lunch. Even two up, the thing just goes. No hesitation, no resistance, you twist on that throttle and it just squirts. I've done 50-odd miles on it and I'm about to do some more to go pick up my wife on it.

I was worried that I wouldn't gel with it when I move out of London, but I can't see me ever selling this thing. It's got a permanent spot in my garage.

JF63N8X.jpeg

1bKznpz.jpeg

jJY7pOz.jpeg
Still trying to man maths a 750! They seem a riot...saw a lovely one at Bridge in Exeter in a very fetching Hearing Aid Beige colour way!

Caporegime
Still trying to man maths a 750! They seem a riot...saw a lovely one at Bridge in Exeter in a very fetching Hearing Aid Beige colour way!

It's been three months now, I bought it as a commuter in London and have since moved out so it's largely a pleasure bike now. I still absolutely love it, it's quicker than most things on the road, will sit at 85ish mph (GPS) for days, and is like riding a sofa with enough storage for a weekly shop.

I'm already warming the wife up to something else for the lols but we're committed to buying a house first so that's on the backburner for now. I could chop it in for something properly epic but I honestly can't see myself getting rid until my fingers no longer work.

Soldato
It's been three months now, I bought it as a commuter in London and have since moved out so it's largely a pleasure bike now. I still absolutely love it, it's quicker than most things on the road, will sit at 85ish mph (GPS) for days, and is like riding a sofa with enough storage for a weekly shop.

I'm already warming the wife up to something else for the lols but we're committed to buying a house first so that's on the backburner for now. I could chop it in for something properly epic but I honestly can't see myself getting rid until my fingers no longer work.
Seems the perfect commuter...so leisurely! :cry:

Back
Top Bottom