Sky Stream - Launches *NOW* (post #1 for pricing / page #5 for pics)

Soldato
IIRC isn’t it 10mb per 4K stream? Also, I found you get far better deals ringing up.
Do you think I'd get a better deal if I rang up and cancelled? I'm on a 30 day contract so can do that at any point. If they offered me a much better price for an 18 month contract I would probably do that but I'm wondering if I need to threaten to leave first?

Associate
Still dubious whether my internet can handle stream. Anyone got it on 30mb speeds?
Think I’ll stick with Q. So I have to ring up to get it? Meh
I limited the bandwidth to my Stream via my router to test this for you. I found anything less than 25Mbps would cause it to freeze now and again on a 4k stream(F1 UHD). It doesn’t give you much head room with other internet demands. Non 4k your be fine

Don
I limited the bandwidth to my Stream via my router to test this for you. I found anything less than 25Mbps would cause it to freeze now and again on a 4k stream(F1 UHD). It doesn’t give you much head room with other internet demands. Non 4k your be fine

Thanks mate. I appreciate that. I’m fine sticking with Q to be fair, just need a decent deal. Frustrating you can’t do this online…

Associate
The prices seem to be confusing across all areas of the Sky website. The prices seem mixed up across the website, this is for the 18 month contract (Which I won't be using) After looking at it in more detail the reason for the confusion is that Sky Entertainment & Netflix is £20 per month, then £26 per month, adding Sky Sports is £20 for 18 months, discounted from £26.

It then goes on to show how much I will be paying this month, £20, telling me that my monthly savings are £31, ignoring the fact that next month my monthly savings will actually only be £6.

Then of course the for UHD & Atmos, that's another £6, I guess if people are going to pay it then they can charge for it. Then UHD Netflix, it's an extra £8. Whole home, fair enough, that's multiroom for £12

£39.95 to plug it in yourself, that's something that annoys me. Has anyone managed to get Sky to remove this? I could tolerate having to pay some form of setup fee, Sky will have costs such as shipping costs and the cost of the Puck's, but given how much they are charging for the basic package.

My SkyQ contract runs until January so it is unlikely that I will be getting Sky Stream this year. When I do it will be on the 31 day rolling contract, given the current economic climate I don't want to be locked into an 18 month contract where there is a warning on every page stating that prices may change during this period.

Don
You can use the online chat, I had them both on the phone and in chat. The chat one was approx £5 more expensive across all the options.

Finally got them on chat. The offer provided taking out some of the packages was more expensive than what I was paying originally (when I had everything!). It never quite makes sense with Sky. Needless to say, I have asked them to leave it..

Soldato
From a lightweight dig around of posts it seems Stream although the future could do with V2 hardware/updates and in the meantime SkyQ remains the best option for 4K/UHD etc if you already have it. Seem about right or should I 'OMG get off Q and onto Stream"?

I was quite keen as we have Gig FTTP now but reviews seem very mixed.

Last edited:
Soldato
From a lightweight dig around of posts it seems Stream although the future could do with V2 hardware/updates and in the meantime SkyQ remains the best option for 4K/UHD etc if you already have it. Seem about right or should I 'OMG get off Q and onto Stream"?

I’ve had both, Sky Stream is fine. Decent £10 reduction in price compared to Q. No problems when bad weather hits, I’d go with sky stream again if I had the choice again.

Associate
I've handed my notice in with Virgin, so shopping round. Been offered Sky stream, sky sports, Netflix and 145mb bb for £58.
Any good? It's missing TNT, but even virgin have lost them and want £18 a month to add on.

Soldato
I've handed my notice in with Virgin, so shopping round. Been offered Sky stream, sky sports, Netflix and 145mb bb for £58.
Any good? It's missing TNT, but even virgin have lost them and want £18 a month to add on.

Yeah isn't too bad if the broadband is included. That on 18 months ?

Soldato
OP

Whilst not perfect, stream is a damn site better than Q ever was

Back
Top Bottom