Poll: *** The Official iPhone 15 thread (it has USB-C and everything!) ***

• Thread starter Deleted member 209350
  • Start date

Are you getting an iPhone 15?

• Total voters
Soldato
Of course I don't have data, I just know that pretty much everyone with an iPad has asked me how to get rid of two apps next to each other as it happened accidentally and they want it gone. I also don't think I've ever seen it mentioned in any of the iPad/iPadOS threads on here.

I admittedly have had one of those daft windows stack over an app that doesn’t allow/work with the split screen and couldn’t get rid of it for some reason. Does my head in. I know know the easiest way is to just swipe up then close the bloody app thats interfering with the main app.

Soldato
Just got a 15 today. Was gonna wait for the 16. But a friend needed a new phone so I let him have my 14 pro (for a few quid)

Last edited:
Soldato
I've got a iPhone 12 Pro Max. Interested to hear from anyone who has done a leap into a iPhone 15 Pro from the 12 and whether in real terms I'll notice anything.

I don't have a 12 Max but instead a XR and I am still on the fence on whether a switch to a 15/15 Pro is worth it for my use. I am very much aware that the 15/15 Pro is better is literally every respect but even then I am left conflicted*.

Even running the same apps side by side on her phone vs mine doesn't generate the level of "I need this" that I thought it would given the generational difference (plus my usual desire for tech). Side by side I can feel the performance delta but in isolation I find it harder to notice. No doubt hitting the wall of diminishing returns for what I am using it for / doing at the time.

All that said the Camera is a noticeable step up (no real surprises there) and no doubt if I was to game on my mobile (just no, at least not without one of those controller things) it would much more noticeable.

Probably best to give one a try in a local store (Apple or otherwise) and see if the benefits are there for you. :)

*Plus I would need to change from my current 3rd Gen watch. Both my XR and the watch seem to be putting a middle finger up to battery degradation which is both cool and annoying in equal measure (well only really annoying as I can't use that as justification to upgrade.. :p).

Soldato
Has anyone else got the 15 Pro/Pro Max and had the blank screen issue? I woke up in the middle of the night and checked my phone and it was a blank screen. When i pressed the buttons etc i could feel the haptic feedback working but the screen was just blank. I managed to power off using the up vol and the power button and then it powered back on normally and worked fine. I have done a google and a lot of people have had the same issue. Some people say its when it was using a magsafe charger but mine was charging by the USB-C port.

I am pretty sure this is the second time this has happened and was wondering if anyone has a fix for it?

Soldato
Has anyone else got the 15 Pro/Pro Max and had the blank screen issue? I woke up in the middle of the night and checked my phone and it was a blank screen. When i pressed the buttons etc i could feel the haptic feedback working but the screen was just blank. I managed to power off using the up vol and the power button and then it powered back on normally and worked fine. I have done a google and a lot of people have had the same issue. Some people say its when it was using a magsafe charger but mine was charging by the USB-C port.

I am pretty sure this is the second time this has happened and was wondering if anyone has a fix for it?
That issue has happened to me a few times, happened with the 14 pro too.

No ides what causes it because it’s happened while charging via MagSafe and lightning/USBC.

Soldato
That issue has happened to me a few times, happened with the 14 pro too.

No ides what causes it because it’s happened while charging via MagSafe and lightning/USBC.
Thinking about it, I believe it happened before when it was charging on MagSafe but when it did it last light it was plugged in by USBC. Seems to be a common thing. I was just concerned that my alarm wouldn’t go off but did look as if the screen had blanked off. Very strange.

Soldato
Mine too has done that a few times, at least 3 times when i’ve taken it out my pocket and its just a blank screen. First time it happened I kind of panicked and pressed the buttons as if to screen shot and nothing happened. Pressed the buttons in for longer and it fired into the life as if nothing happened.

Got to be some kind of random software glitch as the times it’s happened to me it’s not been on charge for a few hours.

Soldato
Just got a 15, noticable upgrade from my SE 2020.
Who typically pay the best price for trade-in of old iPhones? My SE is immaculate having been in a case and screen protector from day 1, but needs a new battery as struggles to last a day of light use.
Apple are paying £80 which seems pretty reasonable?

Soldato
Who typically pay the best price for trade-in of old iPhones? My SE is immaculate having been in a case and screen protector from day 1, but needs a new battery as struggles to last a day of light use.
Apple gave me £480 for my 13 Pro Max not that long ago which is actually what made me take the plunge and change to the 15 PM. At that time none of the other recycling sites were offering that and the going rate on eBay was anywhere between £500-550 so I was more than happy to go with Apple to save the faff.

Soldato
For something that old, probably selling it on Facebook marketplace.

You’d easily get more than £80 for it.

Last edited:
Soldato
For something that old, probably selling it on Facebook marketplace.

You’d easily get more than £80 for it.
Thanks.

Battery life on my new 15 is so much better, getting 2-days out of it as ran a couple of full cycles on the new battery.

One thing I am struggling with, I have a ringtone and text tone I have used for years on iPhones, m4r files, can't get them to transfer using MacOS, finder and a USB cable. I am dragging and dropping the m4r files on to the iPhone's "General" tab in Finder but no joy, anybody done this recently?

Soldato
Just picked up a 15 pro. Coming from an SE2 is like night and day. I especially like the battery lasting more than 6 hours.
Mine's a non pro but I also came from an SE2 with the 6hr battery, 15 is notably faster and overall nicer experience, FaceID is much easier as Touch ID wasn't reliable for me so had to use PIN most of the time.

Associate
Thinking of buying a iPhone 15 pro max coming from a iPhone XS Max will it be a big upgrade had the xs max from release so it’s getting old battery wise or do you think wait for the 16 pro max

Back
Top Bottom