*** The Official macOS Ventura thread ***

Commissario
OP
@Feek will probably know but iirc, click and hold with one finger, drag the item/file around with another, release when done.
I can grab stuff with three fingers and move it or if I double tap and then hold on a file/window/whatever, I can also move it but I had to do some fancy terminal jiggery pokery to enable both.

dg6gZjF.gif

Awful bloody things though :(
Get in the sea :cry: the trackpad is much better than a mouse.

Soldato
I can grab stuff with three fingers and move it or if I double tap and then hold on a file/window/whatever, I can also move it but I had to do some fancy terminal jiggery pokery to enable both.

Get in the sea :cry: the trackpad is much better than a mouse.
Weird! I can drag and drop now, and I have no idea how I managed to get it working :D. It was the double tap I think.

Soldato
This, although default behaviour doesn't cut, you have to do option + paste. Do you have some customisation for cmd+x?

You know, I completely forgot that - I used to use TotalFinder which added cmd+x in if I recall. I haven't had to cut a file in ages, or just use the terminal as I tend to be in there anyway. I'm not sure if that ever got updated but I haven't installed in a while.

Man of Honour
You know, I completely forgot that - I used to use TotalFinder which added cmd+x in if I recall. I haven't had to cut a file in ages, or just use the terminal as I tend to be in there anyway. I'm not sure if that ever got updated but I haven't installed in a while.
I would use Path Finder if I could remove the default Finder app from the dock. I've automatically been going to the far left app to open Finder for many years, adjusting that flow is never going to happen for me!

Soldato
I would use Path Finder if I could remove the default Finder app from the dock.
There is a hacky way where you can bodge it by adding the 'Remove from Dock' option to the preference file for Finder but, it's not a permanent solution so you end up having to automate the removal (Applescript/Automator etc) at each login. Far from ideal but it does work.

Man of Honour
There is a hacky way where you can bodge it by adding the 'Remove from Dock' option to the preference file for Finder but, it's not a permanent solution so you end up having to automate the removal (Applescript/Automator etc) at each login. Far from ideal but it does work.
Interesting, I could use Alfred for that. I'll try it on my personal MacBook later on.

Back
Top Bottom