*** The Official macOS Ventura thread ***

Soldato
I have a weird problem and I'm not sure what is causing it.

I use homebrew a lot but haven't seen this issue before. I installed the postgresql@15 package and added the bin dir to .zshrc PATH as usual. I can run psql for example with no issues. The problem is that when I open a terminal it prints out load environment variables before it shows the prompt to type in commands. I'm not sure what might be causing this. Any hints?

Commissario
OP
My iMac (which I use exclusively to RDP into my work laptop) is still on Monterey 12.6, simply because I switch it on, RDP to my work laptop and then switch it off at the end of the day. Wondering if I really ought to update it. It won't get Sonoma later this year because it's too old.

Soldato
My iMac (which I use exclusively to RDP into my work laptop) is still on Monterey 12.6, simply because I switch it on, RDP to my work laptop and then switch it off at the end of the day. Wondering if I really ought to update it. It won't get Sonoma later this year because it's too old.

I think it’s worth doing, but I’m only a light user so may not notice as many bugs as some, I’m certainly happy I updated though finally.

Commissario
OP
I think it’s worth doing, but I’m only a light user so may not notice as many bugs as some, I’m certainly happy I updated though finally.
Aye, it probably is. I'm not holding out for any other reason than when I finish work, I leave the office and turn it off. When I get into the office the following morning at 08:45, it won't have finished by the time I need it for work :)

Soldato
I downloaded a bunch of command line tools and I can't run them in the Terminal because they are unsigned. With normal macOS app bundles you just open them manually from the Applications folder but I'm not sure how to do it for command line apps which you don't double click on. Is there a way to sort this out?

Edit: Going to Settings > Privacy and Security > Security which shows the name of the CLI app with an Allow Anyway button.

Last edited:
Soldato
Anyone use the Logitech mx3 mouse with Ventura. I’m finding logo options + really rubbish as when it needs updating it stops all the custom functions.

Is there a better app out there, that works with Ventura?

Soldato
I'm completely bamboozled at the moment. Is there a way to completely disable an external monitor in macOS without having to unplug it? I can't for the life of me find anything apart from some third-party apps that don't seem to do what I want.

Back
Top Bottom