• Digital Only Version

Votes: 173 16.3%
  • UHD Optical Version

Votes: 661 62.2%
  • Unlikely to buy either

Votes: 228 21.5%

• Total voters
Associate
Does anyone know if you can turn HDR on/off depending on the game? In the settings on PS5 my options are 'Always on/on if supported/always off' - but I was wondering if I could allocate it on a game specific basis.

i.e. Horizon FW looks great with HDR, I want it default enabled - but The Finals isn't a game I want to use HDR for so I don't want it enabled for this game.

Soldato
Does anyone know if you can turn HDR on/off depending on the game? In the settings on PS5 my options are 'Always on/on if supported/always off' - but I was wondering if I could allocate it on a game specific basis.

i.e. Horizon FW looks great with HDR, I want it default enabled - but The Finals isn't a game I want to use HDR for so I don't want it enabled for this game.

On if supported, then turn it off ingame, most games have HDR toggle somewhere in the settings AFAIK.

Soldato
As above - most game have a graphic setting of on/off. Personally I always go for on as I generally only play single player games and they look great on my LG OLED with it on. Not sure about The Finals as I’ve never tried it.

Last edited:
Associate
On if supported, then turn it off ingame, most games have HDR toggle somewhere in the settings AFAIK.

As above - most game have a graphic setting of on/off. Personally I always go for on as I generally only play single player games and they look great on my LG OLED with it on. Not sure about The Finals as I’ve never tried it.
Cheers guys. Yeah, I keep it on for all single player games but I find that in multiplayer games it tends to make things a little hard to see at times! I'll check the settings later on The Finals, I'm sure there will be something there.

Soldato
Yeah 144 hours played, according to the PS app - rank 48 with everything unlocked, and it's still a fantastic game to sink hours into.

There's a new 'premium' tier coming on the 11th I believe, so I've got my super credits and medals ready to spend on that :cool:

Soldato
Finally managed to get a PS5 disk edition for £220 off facebook, spent the evening playing cool boarders from 27 years ago so clearly using the power well.

I do want to play a game that really shows the ps5s power though.

Soldato
Finally managed to get a PS5 disk edition for £220 off facebook, spent the evening playing cool boarders from 27 years ago so clearly using the power well.

I do want to play a game that really shows the ps5s power though.
Ratchet and clank rift apart or ghosts of Tsushima are probably two good ones. Depends what you want to play really. If you like cars gran turismo 7 is also great.

Last edited:
Soldato
I've just been replayed all the uncharted series. I know 1-3 were remastered, but 4 and 5 (lost legacy) have ps5 versions. LL especially looked good, although I had to run it in performance mode otherwise it was like wading through mud. I'm not sure R & C looks that much better than the last one (although could be rose tinted glasses), it really shows off the load time (or lack of :p ), good game though but felt a bit short.

Back
Top Bottom