• Digital Only Version

Votes: 173 16.3%
  • UHD Optical Version

Votes: 661 62.2%
  • Unlikely to buy either

Votes: 228 21.5%

• Total voters
Soldato
It is! However, it mainly just sells tat now. Had this same convo with my sister*

*I believe she actually said "merch" so I just imagine those collectable doll things etc.
I don't know why but "merch" just triggers me. Mainly as it's come from all those waste of space YouTubers. Is it going to be the case where there will be just a slim and the pro then? (I haven't actually looked, but I assume the slim is the only one available ATM).

Caporegime
Fallout 4 PS5 patch is out, but for anyone who previously got the game on the PS store it currently doesn't allow you to download it. Knew something stupid like this would happen.

Edit: PS Plus, not the store

Last edited:
Soldato
Fallout 4 PS5 patch is out, but for anyone who previously got the game on the PS store it currently doesn't allow you to download it. Knew something stupid like this would happen.

Edit: PS Plus, not the store

I tried it last night on PS5 and (in quality mode) I’m seeing weird light blooming around some objects, characters and backgrounds as though there’s some kind of HDR/contrast problem? Goes away completely and looks fine if i I switch to performance mode in display settings?

Is this normal or is there some kind of issue?

Last edited:
Soldato
Keeping the black theme going after finally getting the console covers the other week, I ordered this DualSense controller charging stand from AliExpress. It was the only one I could find that wasn't both a) garish and b) designed for multiple controllers. £9.20 and a week later it arrived and I'm really impressed, it looks nice without any large logos or "gamer" design flare; it reminds me of the Razor quick charge stand but without their weird logo on the front (or their £40 price tag). It connects via USB-C cable (I just use the one the PS5 came with for the DualSense), when you first plug it in the strip along the bottom goes full RGB for a moment but it then settles to a steady attractive blue before turning off. When charging a controller it slowly pulses red, then turns blue when charging is complete.

It also came with a bracket for either wall-mounting or clipping to the top edge of the PS5 when vertical, which is a nice touch.

It's on AliExpress as the "LinYuvo Quick Charging Stand for PlayStation 5", looks like it'll be £8 if you wait till tomorrow too.

PP3OOPbh.jpeg

9oZL2M8h.jpeg

Soldato
Keeping the black theme going after finally getting the console covers the other week, I ordered this DualSense controller charging stand from AliExpress. It was the only one I could find that wasn't both a) garish and b) designed for multiple controllers. £9.20 and a week later it arrived and I'm really impressed, it looks nice without any large logos or "gamer" design flare; it reminds me of the Razor quick charge stand but without their weird logo on the front (or their £40 price tag). It connects via USB-C cable (I just use the one the PS5 came with for the DualSense), when you first plug it in the strip along the bottom goes full RGB for a moment but it then settles to a steady attractive blue before turning off. When charging a controller it slowly pulses red, then turns blue when charging is complete.

It also came with a bracket for either wall-mounting or clipping to the top edge of the PS5 when vertical, which is a nice touch.

It's on AliExpress as the "LinYuvo Quick Charging Stand for PlayStation 5", looks like it'll be £8 if you wait till tomorrow too.

PP3OOPbh.jpeg

9oZL2M8h.jpeg
Some matt vinyl to cover the shiny plastic mid-section of the PS5 might make it look even better.

Associate
I bought a PS5 Slim disk version and it made so much noise installing disks that I could hear it throughout my whole house, it was the worst I have ever heard any console in my life and I have had just about ever console ever released.

Turns out that it only happens with PS4 disks.

As soon as i started to install PS5 games it was normal noise levels.

Was that a thing with the non Slim PS5 consoles or just the Slim models.
You've obviously never heard a Dreamcast :p The drives and the lens mechanisms on most of those were insanely loud.

Soldato
You've obviously never heard a Dreamcast :p The drives and the lens mechanisms on most of those were insanely loud.

I owned a dreamcast, like i said i have had just about every console ever resealed except the neo geo, saturn and that mega drive cd add on thing.
The PS5 slim with PS4 disks is considerably louder than any disk playing device i have ever heard in my life.

Its unbearable.

Associate
I owned a dreamcast, like i said i have had just about every console ever resealed except the neo geo, saturn and that mega drive cd add on thing.
The PS5 slim with PS4 disks is considerably louder than any disk playing device i have ever heard in my life.

Its unbearable.
It is a cunning plan by Sony for us all to go digital and not buy game disks...

Soldato

You got some good memory, I can’t remember at all how the Dreamcast drives sounded. Do you own one still?

I absolutely loved that console, Shenmue being my most favourite game.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom