• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

What back GPU/s do you have ?

Soldato
Got a spare 1080ti and a 980 in the loft. Was going to build a PC for my girls but they just play on Nintendo Switch all the time.

Last edited:
Soldato
Think I still have a GT 1030 lying around somewhere that being said I havn't seen it in aeons so its either buried under mountains of junk or lost. Got rid of all the old cards including 1080 during the boom when prices for used cards was sky high can't believe I got a few hundred quid for that. Other than that an iGPU and havn't needed a backup in a looooooooong time if things ever come to that I'll just buy another card.

It's ok. That price will go down as time goes on.
TBH I generally hate selling stuff because I just can't cope dealing with annoying buyers which to me is pretty much anyone who wants to buy something.
CEX don't care as long as it powers up you're good to go.

Associate
I have a GT 710 in the loft as a backup.

But I built my son a PC at Christmas, which he never turns on with a 7900XT in it. So I would use that and put the 710 in his :cry:

He prefers gaming on his Xbox X :rolleyes:

Associate
Too many, mainly because I'm too lazy to get around to selling them, plus I put them in to second systems. I also used to pass them on/loan them to friends, but haven't had the need for the last few years.

Still got my 3060ti (will go in my second system when I rebuild it)
1070 (will probably put that in my server)
780ti (currently in my server)
R9 290 (not technically mine but I don't think my friend wants it back and it's been sat in my home office room for about 4 years)
2x GTX 670 (still got waterblocks on and although I still have the air coolers I've probably lost some of the screws along the way)
... and a 730 that was in the 'server' when I got it

So yes, I'm a hoarder :D

Soldato
Guys what backup GPU's do you keep ?

I have a RTX 3090 and an A770. I have several other legacy GPUs, like a Maxwell Titan (back from my niece), 240 of some description, and 780 Ti (which has a broken fan), and then we go back into AGP and earlier days with a V5 5500, 7800 GS, Voodoo 3000, and more. I may even have a VLB GPU somewhere around.

Associate
Still have my RX580 8GB (Red Devil, modded with Noctua A9's as the original fans went hypersonic) as a backup GPU.
Bet that runs nice and cool, I modded the cooling on several cards in the past. The best was the AMD 4850 I had. Ran at 80-90c with its stock cooler, ran at about 45c at its warmest with an Arctic Accelero (I think), ramsinks and a 140mm case fan.

Quiet as a mouse that 4850 was.

Associate
I don’t have any spare hardware which is silly really as it could be valuable to have for troubleshooting, and minimising down time in the event of faulty parts.

The reason I don’t is I find it hard to keep high value parts just sat there. I normally tend to sell before a new gen to go towards the cost of upgrading.

For those that do have spare parts, do you just tend to put them away or re-purpose them into second rigs etc?

Soldato
Assuming specifically for running as a backup in a Win 10/11 PC then I have a OG GTX Titan that acts as both a backup and board testing card (seemingly works with most things).

I also have a plethora of other cards but they are a little old to act as a backups (although the 690 and 7990 could do in a pinch).

Associate
Guys what backup GPU's do you keep ?
(That if do keep any )

Am going back & forward if i should try sell an old GTX 1080 i have or keep it as a back up.
i kept my MSI Lightning 7970 for years after i started running a 6800XT, but these days the backup is tehnically the £300 6700 XT i put in my sons PC. :D

Back
Top Bottom