Your experience with OLED burn-in

Soldato
I have an LG 55EG910V. In December it will be 7 years old.

I have it installed in the family living room. It has been and continues to be a fantastic TV. Despite not been looked after at all, it has no burn in. Probably just got lucky in the Panel lottery.

My 55CX OLED also has no burn in either. It's only 2 years old though and not in as much use as it's only really used to watch movies and a small bit of gaming.

Soldato
They are a bit low quality tbh
got samsung monitor it's only couple of years old, dying
Crappy LCD TV with hardware/ software issues
Yeah it's one thing I've seen a lot of the reviews for the S95B say it's really low quality.

Got a C8000 from around 2010 that's still as good as the day I got it used daily for many hours.

Soldato
I was browsing Richer Sounds and looking at the 83" OLEDs and noticed the 6 year warranty. For some reason I thought it was 5.

Anyways... long story short I bought my OLED65B6V from Richer Sounds 5 years and 11 months ago. I dug out the invoice and it says 6 year guarantee on the bottom. Ive filled in a repair form on their site so let's what they say.

Soldato
I was browsing Richer Sounds and looking at the 83" OLEDs and noticed the 6 year warranty. For some reason I thought it was 5.

Anyways... long story short I bought my OLED65B6V from Richer Sounds 5 years and 11 months ago. I dug out the invoice and it says 6 year guarantee on the bottom. Ive filled in a repair form on their site so let's what they say.
If they are anything like John Lewis then they'll wash there hands of any claim.
I tried with my B6 after 3 years which developed a green tint & JL didnt want to know.

Associate
Richer Sounds payed for my screen to be replaced, almost 5 years old at the time. I was expecting grief when RS said what did LG say and I had to do the leg work and arrange for LG to collect the TV, change the screen and I had to initially pay for it. But RS refunded that on the same day I emailed them a copy of the invoice. I'll take that.

Deleted member 258511

D

Deleted member 258511

The extra cover from John Lewis is the only one to cover burn in. Richer Sounds doesn’t unfortunately.

Associate
No screen burn or retention; CX55 over a year old and constant, almost 24/7 use as a 4k@120Hz PC monitor via my RTX 4090 PC
Gaming, www, pronhub, multimedia and a real bugger for falling asleep with a white backgrounded webpage open and the image is still A1.
Fabulouso TVo!
Glen
(Edit;-Appalling Grammar)

Last edited:
Caporegime
Have they done something to annoy you?

The worst thing about Samsung is that they just completely abandon products once next year's model is out.

It's been a big issue with their flagship soundbars over the years.

They don't make TVs but compare that to someone like Sonos who is still updating products from like 2013.

Last edited:
Soldato
No screen burn or retention; CX55 over a year old and constant, almost 24/7 use as a 4k@120Hz PC monitor via my RTX 4090 PC
Gaming, www, pronhub, multimedia and a real bugger for falling asleep with a white backgrounded webpage open and the image is still A1.
Fabulouso TVo!
Glen
(Edit;-Appalling Grammar)
That would be some comical burn-in :cry: .

Soldato
Sure it is. Nothing ventured, nothing gained!!

Good Luck!! :)

Got a response from Richer Sounds and they don't cover burn in.

Hello Stephen
Thank you for your reply and sending pictures, that’s most helpful.
This does look like the TV has suffered some screen burn, which we do not cover I’m afraid, as per warranty T&Cs - https://customerservice.richersound...at-purchase-on-the-vast-majority-of-products-
Although this not covered by our warranty, we appreciate it is an expensive TV, so we are happy to assist where we can.
LG now offers Richer Sounds customers a fantastic, deprecated screen replacement service – there is an upfront fee of £200-250 (depending on screen size) and this covers the cost of collection, repair (parts and labour) and return of the TV.
If you call LG on 0344 847 5454 they will advise you of these costs, or you can also submit the enquiry to the following email address: [email protected]
They will ask you for photos and the TV full model and serial numbers and they will then assign a CNU reference number to you.
If you have any other queries or questions in the meantime, then please do not hesitate to get back in touch with me.
Regards
Vlad

Given that LG have already stated

I have looked into the repairs for you and I am sorry to say that as the TV is now 6 years past the manufacturing date, we will not be able to offer a repair ourselves as parts begin to discontinue after this time frame. I do apologise for this! We would advise to possibly contact your retailer or a local engineer as they may be able to assist with this!

I guess that means I'm stuck with a screen with burn in. I was going to replace with a bigger one in the new year anyway, but this has killed its resale value. Shame.

Soldato
The worst thing about Samsung is that they just completely abandon products once next year's model is out.

It's been a big issue with their flagship soundbars over the years.

They don't make TVs but compare that to someone like Sonos who is still updating products from like 2013.

This is why I dont buy Samsung stuff either. I bought their top of the range tablet and it was abandoned after 2-3 years.

Deleted member 258511

D

Deleted member 258511

Richer Sounds don’t cover burn in, so even if this happened after year 3 they wouldn’t help. John Lewis offer an accidental damage cover that covers burn in for 5 years. The 6 year guarantee that doesn’t cover burn in is pointless on an Oled in my opinion, and wouldn’t buy one from Richer Sounds because of this.

Soldato
Got a response from Richer Sounds and they don't cover burn in.

Hello Stephen
Thank you for your reply and sending pictures, that’s most helpful.
This does look like the TV has suffered some screen burn, which we do not cover I’m afraid, as per warranty T&Cs - https://customerservice.richersound...at-purchase-on-the-vast-majority-of-products-
Although this not covered by our warranty, we appreciate it is an expensive TV, so we are happy to assist where we can.
LG now offers Richer Sounds customers a fantastic, deprecated screen replacement service – there is an upfront fee of £200-250 (depending on screen size) and this covers the cost of collection, repair (parts and labour) and return of the TV.
If you call LG on 0344 847 5454 they will advise you of these costs, or you can also submit the enquiry to the following email address: [email protected]
They will ask you for photos and the TV full model and serial numbers and they will then assign a CNU reference number to you.
If you have any other queries or questions in the meantime, then please do not hesitate to get back in touch with me.
Regards
Vlad

Given that LG have already stated

I have looked into the repairs for you and I am sorry to say that as the TV is now 6 years past the manufacturing date, we will not be able to offer a repair ourselves as parts begin to discontinue after this time frame. I do apologise for this! We would advise to possibly contact your retailer or a local engineer as they may be able to assist with this!

I guess that means I'm stuck with a screen with burn in. I was going to replace with a bigger one in the new year anyway, but this has killed its resale value. Shame.
That's an interesting response from lg as I'm sure EU law states parts need to be available for 10 years after manufacture.

Associate
Bought an A80J from currys and the rep said it had 5 years warranty but can't see anything on the receipt. As it was bought in person, I hope they take it back as I have opened. Will buy it from John Lewis with a burn in cover as it's only £90.

Deleted member 258511

D

Deleted member 258511

Bought an A80J from currys and the rep said it had 5 years warranty but can't see anything on the receipt. As it was bought in person, I hope they take it back as I have opened. Will buy it from John Lewis with a burn in cover as it's only £90.
It’s worth it for the peace of mind. If it’s opened you would have to find a reason why you weren’t happy with it for a refund. I’ve returned TV’s due to dirty screen affect on QLed and banding etc on other sets, I’m sure you could find something. John Lewis are offering £200 off if you register on certain TV’s now. It’s for existing or new registrations. Not sure if the Sony qualifies for the discount though, you would have to check.

Last edited by a moderator:
Associate
It’s worth it for the peace of mind. If it’s opened you would have to find a reason why you weren’t happy with it for a refund. I’ve returned TV’s due to dirty screen affect on QLed and banding etc on other sets, I’m sure you could find something. John Lewis are offering £200 off if you register on certain TV’s now. It’s for existing or new registrations. Not sure if the Sony qualifies for the discount though, you would have to check.
Thanks, I'll just say there is a branding issue cause there is is that issue in one corner. Did they just checked the box or actually tested everything to see the issue?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom