am4 or am5

Associate
sry i dont get it. What do you mean by powering up the motherboard on the bag or on the motherboard's box? dont i just assemble all, put in case and then power it up?
you can plug the motherboard into the psu and switch it on outside the case, just to check that it receives power etc...and yes, don't do that if on plastic. but i checked, i did rest the mobo on the bag, on the mobo box..offeres a little protection to the back of the mobo when pushing in the ram etc. the anti static bag the mobo comes in is non conductive itself, so don't see much of a problem. as said, I plug psu in to wall and touch it every so often which grounds yourself(again, psu doesn't have to be on)..that and I don't build while wearing trainers on a carpet..also if you next to a radiator or something, just touch radiator also..your pipework in the house will be grounded also.
I tested all my fans etc with the psu before putting them all in the case..didn't with the mobo though..put that in case and screwed in 4 corners then connected it up to test iirc. only when everything worked did i put the psu in the case and then start all the cable management. Be soul destroying to do all the cablemanagement and when you turn it on, find out you have a dead mobo (unlikely though that is)

Soldato
sry i dont get it. What do you mean by powering up the motherboard on the bag or on the motherboard's box? dont i just assemble all, put in case and then power it up?
Some people like to test components before building in the case. If you decide to do this, just use the motherboard box.

Personally i just fit most compnents to the board and test it in the case.

Hope this and what dfour and Craig said makes sense.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Most people find it easier to assemble most of the parts on the motherboard before putting it in the case. So install the cpu, cpu cooler, memory and ssd in the motherboard before you put it into the case.

They are also referencing using the motherboards box to build it all on (prior to installation in the case) and if to use the anti static bag under the motherboard while you build or not.

Ignore the reference to powering it up on the box.
yes that i got only the powering up part but its clear now, just to test if it works before screwing it

Associate
OP
you can plug the motherboard into the psu and switch it on outside the case, just to check that it receives power etc...and yes, don't do that if on plastic. but i checked, i did rest the mobo on the bag, on the mobo box..offeres a little protection to the back of the mobo when pushing in the ram etc. the anti static bag the mobo comes in is non conductive itself, so don't see much of a problem. as said, I plug psu in to wall and touch it every so often which grounds yourself(again, psu doesn't have to be on)..that and I don't build while wearing trainers on a carpet..also if you next to a radiator or something, just touch radiator also..your pipework in the house will be grounded also.
I tested all my fans etc with the psu before putting them all in the case..didn't with the mobo though..put that in case and screwed in 4 corners then connected it up to test iirc. only when everything worked did i put the psu in the case and then start all the cable management. Be soul destroying to do all the cablemanagement and when you turn it on, find out you have a dead mobo (unlikely though that is)
i see, didnt know about that grounding yourself thing, i m probably still not gonna plug it outside case on first build though, i prefer getting my soul destroyed than to mess up something xD

Associate
OP
Some people like to test components before building in the case. If you decide to do this, just use the motherboard box.

Personally i just fit most compnents to the board and test it in the case.

Hope this and what dfour and Craig said makes sense.
yes all makes sense now thx

Associate
OP
Advice.

On very first boot up it can take up to 15mins before anything is shown on screen this is because the motherboard is training the memory optimal settings.

Let's us know how you get on.
Hello i just finished build, when i booted i got instantly the orange led dram, waited 45 min but no change. The ram has rgb working so i checked compatibility on asus.com and it turns out its compatible only for 8000 series CPUs (CMH32GX5M2B6000Z30K), so i ordered the similar CMK32GX5M2B6000Z30 not to waste time. Would like confirmation though

Man of Honour
Hello i just finished build, when i booted i got instantly the orange led dram, waited 45 min but no change. The ram has rgb working so i checked compatibility on asus.com and it turns out its compatible only for 8000 series CPUs (CMH32GX5M2B6000Z30K), so i ordered the similar CMK32GX5M2B6000Z30 not to waste time. Would like confirmation though
Hi.

It's the same memory but the k version has RGB and yes it's on the list for 7000 series .

Did you try booting with one stick of memory individually to see if one of them is faulty?

Last edited:
Associate
could also clear the cmos if it failed to learn 1st time, and redo. Had to do it on mine after I don't know what happenned and it failed to boot up. Took the cmos battery out, waited a bit and put back in and mobo went through memory training again and no problems since then

Associate
OP
Hi.

It's the same memory but the k version has RGB and yes it's on the list for 7000 series .

Did you try booting with one stick of memory individually to see if one of them is faulty?
could also clear the cmos if it failed to learn 1st time, and redo. Had to do it on mine after I don't know what happenned and it failed to boot up. Took the cmos battery out, waited a bit and put back in and mobo went through memory training again and no problems since then
Hello craig, i tried with 1 ram stick and it booted, orange led gone and green led on but i m getting this message what do i do?
Also i have an AZERTY keyboard will it detect it or do i have to pretend its QWERTY?

Last edited:
Associate
OP
It's a standard message on first boot , press y
sorry, setting up new phone, takes ages
as @mickyflinn says, just click y
regarding keyboard, you can change that at any time in settings
Sorry i'm late had to take some time to run some benchs. I compared with this video even though its on 1440p and i'm on 1080p, here are my results:

Low Video Settings:
Average FPS: -38.6% performance (≈350 vs ≈570)
1% Lows: -36.0% performance (≈160 vs ≈250)

Very High Video Settings:
Average FPS : +33.3% performance (≈320 vs ≈240)
1% Lows: -30.3% performance (≈115 vs ≈170)

So as i said i had a faulty RAM stick wich means my stats come from only one stick of 16 gb, i will have to wait till wednesday to be able to order a new pair due to credit card limit.
The question is are these stats normal? And will i get closer to the video stats once i play with 2 sticks of 16gb?

Associate
So as i said i had a faulty RAM stick wich means my stats come from only one stick of 16 gb, i will have to wait till wednesday to be able to order a new pair due to credit card limit.
The question is are these stats normal? And will i get closer to the video stats once i play with 2 sticks of 16gb?

The vid you linked though has the game running at 1080p low and 1080p very high, so you're both on 1080p, he's not on 1440

having a little scan to see at mo, but wont be apples for apples so to speak
guy using 1 stick ddr5 vs 2 (using 3090 and a 12900k) is CS go (not cs2 though) at 1440p ultra saw a 10% drop av fps, but 1% lows was a 37% drop and a 55% drop in the 0.1% lows
now below is another vid discussing using 1 stick rather than 2 or 6000 speed, and his findings are similar to above with a 10% drop is some games for av, so a 33 to 38% av fps drop seems high to me.

just saw another testing various games (the tech tank) and again he had dual sticks up to a 13% advantage (spiderman remastered) at it's widest with F1 22 having least (3% difference)

..and i've never tried running my rig on 1 stick so all i can go on is yt vids tbh

just checking your single stick you had running was on expo at 6000c30 speed though?

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Sorry i'm late had to take some time to run some benchs. I compared with this video even though its on 1440p and i'm on 1080p, here are my results:

Low Video Settings:
Average FPS: -38.6% performance (≈350 vs ≈570)
1% Lows: -36.0% performance (≈160 vs ≈250)

Very High Video Settings:
Average FPS : +33.3% performance (≈320 vs ≈240)
1% Lows: -30.3% performance (≈115 vs ≈170)

Wait till you get the memory sorted then run benchmarks otherwise it's just a guess.

@Craig_d1 it's 1440p it's stated in the comments.

Last edited:
Associate
Wait till you get the memory sorted then run benchmarks otherwise it's just a guess.

@Craig_d1 it's 1440p it's stated in the comments.
ah yes, I was watching the vid and top right it was saying 1080p Low and high but managed to pause that split second and saw 1440...you'd literall have to pause it in settings and copy everything like for like so boost player contrast...tick, vertical sync off, vid values custom with no anti aliasing , global shadow and texture low...so many variables
be interesting to see how it pans out with dual stick running

Associate
OP
The vid you linked though has the game running at 1080p low and 1080p very high, so you're both on 1080p, he's not on 1440

having a little scan to see at mo, but wont be apples for apples so to speak
guy using 1 stick ddr5 vs 2 (using 3090 and a 12900k) is CS go (not cs2 though) at 1440p ultra saw a 10% drop av fps, but 1% lows was a 37% drop and a 55% drop in the 0.1% lows
now below is another vid discussing using 1 stick rather than 2 or 6000 speed, and his findings are similar to above with a 10% drop is some games for av, so a 33 to 38% av fps drop seems high to me.

just saw another testing various games (the tech tank) and again he had dual sticks up to a 13% advantage (spiderman remastered) at it's widest with F1 22 having least (3% difference)

..and i've never tried running my rig on 1 stick so all i can go on is yt vids tbh

just checking your single stick you had running was on expo at 6000c30 speed though?
didnt see the csgo bench but from what you say it could explain the difference in 1% lows, not sure if its gonna justify the avrg difference though, will make an update when i receive my sticks this weekend.
I did enable expo in uefi its running at 6000 mhz
ah yes, I was watching the vid and top right it was saying 1080p Low and high but managed to pause that split second and saw 1440...you'd literall have to pause it in settings and copy everything like for like so boost player contrast...tick, vertical sync off, vid values custom with no anti aliasing , global shadow and texture low...so many variables
be interesting to see how it pans out with dual stick running
i changed every video settings to match the video but mostly it was just from the "video values preset" option, even the cs2 map and deathmatch mode

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom