am4 or am5

Man of Honour
The price of the ssd rose a little, if you think its still good value and have no abjection on RAM, case or cooler i will have confirmation
Looks fine.

Teamgroup memory is fine but it's not expo which is what I would get for Ryzen otherwise you may have to set the memory speed in the bios.

6000mhz c30 is ideal but not essential.

Associate
yeah, looks good..don't think 7800x3d v cache cares too much about ram speed..I'd plum for expo 6000c30 if it's cheaper as @mickyflinn said..which is what i did on mine (but don't know what timing you have on the ram you picked, or price differences)

Associate
OP
Looks fine.

Teamgroup memory is fine but it's not expo which is what I would get for Ryzen otherwise you may have to set the memory speed in the bios.

6000mhz c30 is ideal but not essential.
yeah, looks good..don't think 7800x3d v cache cares too much about ram speed..I'd plum for expo 6000c30 if it's cheaper as @mickyflinn said..which is what i did on mine (but don't know what timing you have on the ram you picked, or price differences)
i found CORSAIR VENGEANCE RGB DDR5 RAM 32Go (2x16Go) 6000MHz CL30 AMD EXPO Compatible iCUE Mémoire d'Ordinateur - Gris (CMH32GX5M2B6000Z30K.
Price is the same as TEAMGROUP T-Force Delta 6400MHz, you confirm the corsair 6000MHz will be better than the teamgroup 6400MHz?

Associate
i found CORSAIR VENGEANCE RGB DDR5 RAM 32Go (2x16Go) 6000MHz CL30 AMD EXPO Compatible iCUE Mémoire d'Ordinateur - Gris (CMH32GX5M2B6000Z30K.
Price is the same as TEAMGROUP T-Force Delta 6400MHz, you confirm the corsair 6000MHz will be better than the teamgroup 6400MHz?
well, the corsair is SK Hynix and on the compatibility list ...also what i use on my asus b650e-e board...I'd go expo myself rahter than a non expo kit, and as said, don't think they'll be much of any difference in performance

Man of Honour
Associate
OP
Your welcome.

Advice.

On very first boot up it can take up to 15mins before anything is shown on screen this is because the motherboard is training the memory optimal settings.

Let's us know how you get on.

Enjoy.
good to know, i m gonna struggle but thats normal i guess for my first build, i m gonna watch lots of these types of videos before and during build.

Associate
good to know, i m gonna struggle but thats normal i guess for my first build, i m gonna watch lots of these types of videos before and during build.
that's a good vid..also, he's building in a 5000x case so the little pins for the power led +/- power start etc prob same as for the 4000D (it's at 49min mark). I take out mobo from box and place it on the anti static bag that it came in, on the mobo box, then add the cpu, ram, ssd and then air cooler before placing in the case...gives you a bit more room. just remember take your time and don't be afraid to ask if you need any help or are unsure with anything
I also plug the psu in even though not connected to anything yet(don't need it on)..fact that it's plugged into wall etc, makes it grounded, so I touch it every so often to make sure I'm not building up a static charge
Good luck with build

Associate
The bag is designed to keep static on the outside of the bag.
true, prob don't need the bag but if if your grounded and holding it, it should have zero static anyway....maybe i just did it on the box then..was over a year ago last build..brain gone foggy...but solid table with solid floor, no carpet..so basically took over my breakfast/dining table every time much to my wife's annoyance

Associate
OP
It may be ok to rest the motherboard on the anti static bag but i would not power it up on it, just use the box .
sry i dont get it. What do you mean by powering up the motherboard on the bag or on the motherboard's box? dont i just assemble all, put in case and then power it up?

Soldato
Most people find it easier to assemble most of the parts on the motherboard before putting it in the case. So install the cpu, cpu cooler, memory and ssd in the motherboard before you put it into the case.

They are also referencing using the motherboards box to build it all on (prior to installation in the case) and if to use the anti static bag under the motherboard while you build or not.

Ignore the reference to powering it up on the box.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom