• Yes

Votes: 10 5.0%
  • No

Votes: 161 79.7%
  • Comedy Option

Votes: 31 15.3%

• Total voters
Man of Honour
40 - 50 seconds for the first ones, up to 30 seconds for the mid show one currently, no doubt they'll increase it down the line.

When I was messing with it yesterday was getting 2x 28 second unskippable ones at the start of anything, a 30 second one mid-show and often trying to skip backwards or forward would trigger a 28 second ad. Then randomly any mention of ads disappeared and just checking now there is no ads or any mention of it in Prime Video itself, but there is the entry in account options to upgrade to ad-free. Dunno if they are having technical problems.

Man of Honour
Couldn't even bring themselves to add some sweeteners like 4K streaming on PC (though that seems to be a wider industry problem), purely a change for the best interests of Amazon and not a moment spent considering best interests of consumers... yet people will even defend these changes.

Soldato
I’ll just got for a wee during the ads.
I think the thing I find most objectionable about ads are the way they intrude on the storytelling.

It's almost as though someone puts an advert on the bit of the wedding photo you took where her hand curves onto his elbow. The bit you framed so carefully. Hey, you get there point.

Soldato
unsubscribing in the masses is the only answer for this nonsense, guess it's back to the firestick, i don't mind paying if what your gettings is quality

I don't see that happening. The general public kinda proved that by not unsubscribing to Netflix when they banned account sharing. I don't see any different happening here unfortunately. People love to complain about these things but they never vote with their wallet/feet.

Don't think I've watched anything on prime since ads were enabled so I'd be interested if Adguard is doing a good job at blocking them.

Man of Honour
Has anyone in here ever bought anything based on an advert they saw on the telly?

I rarely even see ads relevant to myself LOL, there has been the odd thing I've gone on to look at having seen it on an ad (DIY tools) and ironically usually ended up buying from the competition as on research found them to have the superior product :s

Associate
Soldato
Back
Top Bottom