• Yes

Votes: 10 5.0%
  • No

Votes: 161 79.7%
  • Comedy Option

Votes: 31 15.3%

• Total voters
Soldato
I don't get the uproar. I cancelled Netflix because it's not £17.99 a month that I thought wasn't good value.
Ad free prime is now £10.90 a month seems decent value to be.

Even if you ignore the free delivery and free photo backup.
Just 4k HDR is not that bad.

Last edited:
Soldato
I still haven't seen an ad yet. Got the popup to say ads will now be appearing but I've watched a few episodes of Reacher with no ads so far

Last edited:
Soldato

Yep, this is one good way of permanently keeping me away. What next? 4K being part of this extra?!

Eventually, yes, many services/products with subs are slicing and dicing features and then selling them again for a premium. These streaming services are garbage, cutting content, then asking for a higher sub price, and then cutting features and selling them to you piecemeal.

Associate
I've already cancelled my netflix subscription and this will be next if they continue playing these games.

If this carries on will eventually resort to other means to watch content.

Man of Honour
I don't get the uproar. I cancelled Netflix because it's not £17.99 a month that I thought wasn't good value.
Ad free prime is now £10.90 a month seems decent value to be.

Even if you ignore the free delivery and free photo backup.
Just 4k HDR is not that bad.

For me it is the way they've approached it, sure they are a business but they've only thought about the Amazon bottom line in how they've gone at this, not how they can make the best product for the customer even if they need to increase prices. Taking away features people already had, not attempt to work in any meaningful sweeteners, etc. etc.

And sadly people will just accept it, then wonder why everything is increasingly, as fez put it, en****ified.

Soldato
For me it is the way they've approached it, sure they are a business but they've only thought about the Amazon bottom line in how they've gone at this, not how they can make the best product for the customer even if they need to increase prices. Taking away features people already had, not attempt to work in any meaningful sweeteners, etc. etc.

And sadly people will just accept it, then wonder why everything is increasingly, as fez put it, en****ified.
I can certainly see that.
At first I was annoyed then I worked out the total monthly cost and thought that's not bad at all.
I wish they'd have made it so freevee was ad free as well, that might have made it more appealing to most people.

Associate
Feel like there's a lot of amazon services I miss out on. Only really use it for deliveries and the odd Twitch prime sub. Wouldn't pay to remove adverts though.

Soldato
I wasn't bothered by adverts but the lack of DV/Atmos will bother me having only recently purchased a new OLED and Atmos soundbar/sub setup :(

Might just stump up for it, as above it's still great value when taking into account just Prime delivery, let alone the extras. Like Deliveroo Plus for example, no-one ever seems to mention that? :p

Soldato
Streaming services seem to be going backwards, 4K/DV/HDR etc should be the standard by now, instead many of them are putting it behind a paywall. One of the things I always liked about Disney+ was that there was one tier, now there's three and what cost £60 per year three years ago now costs £110 for the equivalent quality.

If these higher quality tiers offered legitimately good bitrates etc I'd be less irked but even with naff eyes on a 55" TV I quite often notice poor bitrates or banding on content across many of the services. It's not really good enough, not at the prices they're asking.

Associate
Streaming services seem to be going backwards, 4K/DV/HDR etc should be the standard by now, instead many of them are putting it behind a paywall. One of the things I always liked about Disney+ was that there was one tier, now there's three and what cost £60 per year three years ago now costs £110 for the equivalent quality.

If these higher quality tiers offered legitimately good bitrates etc I'd be less irked but even with naff eyes on a 55" TV I quite often notice poor bitrates or banding on content across many of the services. It's not really good enough, not at the prices they're asking.
Whilst not condoning it, i feel we are on the cusp of going full circle. a lot of people took streaming subs and moved away from piracy. Now the combination of a saturated market meaning you require maybe 3 subscriptions plus 'bolt ons' for higher res content etc will undoubtedly encourage a lot of users back towards sailing the seven seas.

Back
Top Bottom