Gigabyte AB350 Gaming 3 stuck at bios screen after update

Associate
A sunnier or damper area than Ron-ski....
Hi folks,

Trying to fix the fact my PC won't recover from sleep mode properly from another thread and one suggestion was quite sensibly to update the bios.

Putting aside the total mess of instructions that Gigabyte offered here:
https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/GA-AB350-Gaming-3-rev-1x/support#support-dl-bios

My Bios was v4, so picking through the mess of their guidance I worked out I'd need to:

- Install v31
- Then install EC FW Update Tool
- Then install v40
- Then install v52e

To then be up to date.

However I tried installing v31 and it completed fine and restarted and then just hung at the bios flash screen.

I've tried:
- removing all but one ram sticks
- disconnected all sata drives
- even tried switching it off and on again... ;)

Any ideas on how to reset/revert or flash this another way? It can't load the bios or the q-flash utility, so scratching my head a bit....!

Man of Honour
Try clearing the cmos on the motherboard by using the jumper, remove the bios battery and disconnect power from the wall . Leave for 10 mins reset jumper and bios battery then try to boot.

Soldato
I get the splash screen for the bios, but nothing further.

Ryzen 1700X is CPU!

Well if it is hanging on the BIOS splash screen then that is good news at least. How long have you let it sit there for?

I'd do a full reset, with the jumper and the battery plus unplug it from the mains for 10 mins just as belt and braces.

Soldato
Yep, it's PS2?

Your keyboard is already PS/2, if so then try a USB one. If the DEL/F2/Esc isn't yielding any results yet the system gets to the splash screen and gives the POST complete beep then something else isn't quite right. I normally find it to be peripheral based, or SSD/HDD but you've already disconnected all of those. You could try putting a Windows Install USB in one of the ports to see if it starts to boot.

Soldato
Ok interesting - let me try with a USB keyboard then.
Agree, there's something strange going on - although to be clear the 'beep' I was referring to was the CMOS reset one, it doesn't get to the post beep, just freezes as per the video.

Also you've not got an M.2 NVMe drive attached have you? If you have remove it, and then see what occurs. IIRC this was an issue I had when the BIOS update offered different default settings and then refused to boot or allow BIOS access.

Back
Top Bottom