Gigabyte AB350 Gaming 3 stuck at bios screen after update

Soldato
Update, tried all of the suggestions including booting without drives or anything attached and still facing the same issue.

Think I'll have to get a new motherboard.

Eventually after some power cycling the monitor picks up an output and switches the input the display port automatically but then just sits on a dark blue screen. Doesn't even load into bios or show anything of the sort.

Can you swap to a different GPU to ensure it isn't that?

Soldato
Yeah I've tested it with my old GPU, and still no success.

Reset cmos, used cmos jumper, tried without any drives plugged in, removing ram sticks etc

Sounds like it could need to be SPI flashed, but you won't have the tools to do that. If you can't get it working and you chose to replace it I'd happily try and flash it for you using my tools, and send it back, might be worth the cost of postage. :)

Associate
Sounds like it could need to be SPI flashed, but you won't have the tools to do that. If you can't get it working and you chose to replace it I'd happily try and flash it for you using my tools, and send it back, might be worth the cost of postage. :)
Thanks Journey. That's a very kind offer.

Will keep you updated

Associate
No problem, hope you do get it sorted though, if I think of anything else to try I'll be sure to reply here. :)
Thank you!

Looking at buying a new motherboard now as I need the pc for a uni project with a quickly upcoming deadline.

Will let you know about the old mobo as soon as I've got the new one and it's working

Back
Top Bottom