Gigabyte AB350 Gaming 3 stuck at bios screen after update

Associate
I'm using a Ryzen 1700X?
Ah, so I'm having this exact issue. I have the AB350N and a Bios update to F31 has got me stuck on the same screen. When I remove my nvme drive I can get into the BIOS and everything looks fine, but if I fit the NVME I get stuck on the same Boot Splash screen.

How did get around this, as I can't change the boot order when there's to NVME fitted, but I also can't get into the BIOS when the NVME is fitted.

Soldato
Ah, so I'm having this exact issue. I have the AB350N and a Bios update to F31 has got me stuck on the same screen. When I remove my nvme drive I can get into the BIOS and everything looks fine, but if I fit the NVME I get stuck on the same Boot Splash screen.

How did get around this, as I can't change the boot order when there's to NVME fitted, but I also can't get into the BIOS when the NVME is fitted.

Wow, 12 years and your first post, congrats!

I'd update the BIOS to the very newest version, and move from F31.

Edit: Link to BIOS F52i

Last edited:
Associate
Ha, I have no idea how I joined 12 years ago but a Google search bought me to your post :D

So I've tried a different NVME on the board and that one boots. I swapped the original one to another PC and that can see it, though I booted that machine from another SSD.

Ive tried a complete wipe of the NVME but that didn't fix it, so I'm flashing F52h at the moment having already got F31 on there.

Fingers Crossed....

Associate
Nope, just spend half my life building/designing/repairing computers. :p

Should have asked about the M.2 thing earlier, just assumed.. silly me. :D

EDIT: Yes - Try with Q-Flash now, should sort you out.
Just came across this same error on my GA-AB350M-Gaming 3 (rev. 1.x). Went from F42d to F51l and now I'm stuck at the splash screen. Tried removing all my HD/SSD/M2 and removing the battery for 5 minutes, nothing worked :(

Ryzen 5 3600
RTX 3070
2x8GB RAM 3200mhz

Anything else I could do instead of lay down and cry?

Associate
Good news, come back before 2035 though. :D
Hey, I'm stuck with the same problem with my GA-AB350M-Gaming 3 =/ went from BIOS F42d to F51l and now I'm stuck at the splash screen and nothing works, tried removing all HD/SSD, removing the battery for 10 minutes, even removed the M2 drive aswel but no success :(

Ryzen 5 3600
RTX 3070
2x8GB RAM

Associate
OP
A sunnier or damper area than Ron-ski....
Hey, I'm stuck with the same problem with my GA-AB350M-Gaming 3 =/ went from BIOS F42d to F51l and now I'm stuck at the splash screen and nothing works, tried removing all HD/SSD, removing the battery for 10 minutes, even removed the M2 drive aswel but no success :(

Ryzen 5 3600
RTX 3070
2x8GB RAM
Well have you tried kicking it yet?? :D

Just to be really clear, have you tried stepping up the firmware one at a time? I tried to 'jump' firmware to the latest version initially and had exactly this problem, it was when I downloaded each bios update and tried.upgrading one at a time that it worked - pretty laborious, but did the trick....!

Associate
Interesting to see a post so recent about this issue.

I was on F50a and just tried updating BIOS via Q-Flash to F52m. I'd read on Reddit that people can use AMD SAM with this motherboard on some of the later bios revisions so thought I'd give it a shot as running a 3600 and as of recent a 6800XT.

Starting updating fine. Went to get a drink, came back and screen was entirely black. Left it 20 mins and nothing happened to restarted the pc and believe that's bricked the motherboard. Won't load into windows or bios now and nothing shows on the screen.

Followed some of the previous ideas and now trying to boot without nvme or any other drives etc. will keep updated.

Soldato
Interesting to see a post so recent about this issue.

I was on F50a and just tried updating BIOS via Q-Flash to F52m. I'd read on Reddit that people can use AMD SAM with this motherboard on some of the later bios revisions so thought I'd give it a shot as running a 3600 and as of recent a 6800XT.

Starting updating fine. Went to get a drink, came back and screen was entirely black. Left it 20 mins and nothing happened to restarted the pc and believe that's bricked the motherboard. Won't load into windows or bios now and nothing shows on the screen.

Followed some of the previous ideas and now trying to boot without nvme or any other drives etc. will keep updated.

Hopefully you'll recover it, if not assume you have tried the usual, remove CMOS battery and jumper reset etc.?

Associate
Update, tried all of the suggestions including booting without drives or anything attached and still facing the same issue.

Think I'll have to get a new motherboard.

Eventually after some power cycling the monitor picks up an output and switches the input the display port automatically but then just sits on a dark blue screen. Doesn't even load into bios or show anything of the sort.

Back
Top Bottom