Gigabyte AB350 Gaming 3 stuck at bios screen after update

Soldato
Nope, just spend half my life building/designing/repairing computers. :p

Should have asked about the M.2 thing earlier, just assumed.. silly me. :D

EDIT: Yes - Try with Q-Flash now, should sort you out.

Associate
OP
A sunnier or damper area than Ron-ski....
Well I admire your sacrifice, kind sir!!

Ok, one slight quirk is that the gigabyte instructions said I need to install the ecfw update before I install the next bios update and this appears like a Windows update (ie needs to be run in Windows) and my windows is on the m2 drive.

Can I change a setting in the bios to get the m2 drive working again?

Soldato
Well I admire your sacrifice, kind sir!!

Ok, one slight quirk is that the gigabyte instructions said I need to install the ecfw update before I install the next bios update and this appears like a Windows update (ie needs to be run in Windows) and my windows is on the m2 drive.

Can I change a setting in the bios to get the m2 drive working again?

It doesn't apply to you since it is for the following

"Before update BIOS to F40, you have to install EC FW Update Tool (B19.0606.1 or later version) to avoid 4DIMM DDR compatibility on 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen™ CPU"

You aren't running a 3rd Gen CPU.

Soldato
Ah right, Qflash ahead then! Fingers crossy

With regards to the other question I forgot to answer, settings in the BIOS. Go to the Windows 10 Features section of the BIOS, and try either disabling or enabling CSM depends on which is set by default. Obviously only try this once you are on the latest BIOS and you've tried booting with your M.2 drive installed.

Associate
OP
A sunnier or damper area than Ron-ski....
Ah right ok, don't recall that setting, but may appear once I've updated - given bios version was from some time ago, it may not have been there.

Give yourself a beer tonight - really helpful, would have taken me hours to get there. If your other half asks why, just don't tell them you've been helping me learn to flash properly..... :eek:

Soldato
Ah right ok, don't recall that setting, but may appear once I've updated - given bios version was from some time ago, it may not have been there.

Give yourself a beer tonight - really helpful, would have taken me hours to get there. If your other half asks why, just don't tell them you've been helping me learn to flash properly..... :eek:

She laughed, I've taught quite a few people to flash using various methods over the years, both men and women. :p

Back
Top Bottom