Motors YouTube Videos

Caporegime
One thing I did note, which I can imagine was purposeful was there were hardly any performance stats about the car - no 0-60 or top speed etc...and, tbh, given the nature of the car I don't think I could care less what they are!

During prior interviews with Gordon, probably with Johnny or Harry, Gordon said he wasn't bothered about making a big deal out of 0-60 numbers etc, it's irrelevant, the car will be very quick but a car is much more than these simple metrics.

Last edited:
Caporegime
During prior interviews with Gordon, probably with Johnny or Harry, Gordon said he wasn't bothered about making a big deal out of 0-60 numbers etc, it's irrelevant, the car will be very quick but a car is much more than these simple metrics.

0-60 really is a particularly irrelevant number for road cars, and even more so with the number of cars that have "launch control" now.

Caporegime
0-60 really is a particularly irrelevant number for road cars, and even more so with the number of cars that have "launch control" now.

For me as long as it is around 7-8ish seconds it is still more than powerful enough to enjoy.

Given a choice to have fun on a road and I had a car with a measly 200BHP but revved to 12k or an electric car that did the 0-60 sprint in 2 seconds dead it is a no brainer for me. Weight is also a massive bug bear and no matter how good a car is you cannot get away from physics.

A weird comparison I can think of is Alton Towers coasters. Rita Queen of Speed does 0-60 in 2 seconds but lasts 20 seconds. It is one of the most boring rides there tbh. Give me Nemesis or Smiler any day over that. Far far more involving.

Caporegime
For me as long as it is around 7-8ish seconds it is still more than powerful enough to enjoy.

But it's not really the 0-60 time that makes it fun, is it? It's the way it'll pick up out of a corner, or when you need to pull out and overtake a lorry, or get out of a 30 limit and into a nice NSL back road. It's very rare to be able to run your car from a standstill to 60, and even more rarely the fun bit of driving. It's just weird to me that the drag race number is considered the measure of speed.

Man of Honour
It is amazing how many people ask "so what does it do 0-60" as if this is the measure of performance. Shows little more than ignorance of performance and that's fine, but 0-60 is far less solid than 0-100mph or 0-120mph or even 70mph to 140mph. Loads of cars come close to mine 0-60 as it is traction limited at take off, so mid 3 seconds is normally a good run. Now 0-100mph in less than 7 seconds, 0-120 in less than 10, that is quick.

Back
Top Bottom