Poll: Official 2024 Japanese Grand Prix Race Thread - International Racing Course, Suzuka - Race 4/24

Rate the Japan race out of ten

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
To be honest I wouldn't say I've taken up a new hobby but I certainly don't put myself out for F1 anymore. I'll watch the races at sociable hours if I'm free but the days of getting up at 5/6/7am to watch a race when there is zero jeopardy are gone.

I'll revisit this comment in 2026 if things change cos lets be honest they ain't gonna before then!

Soldato
Does anyone know which region in the globe attracts most F1 viewers on TV these days? I know it used to be Europe (UK and Germany especially).

Caporegime
To be honest I wouldn't say I've taken up a new hobby but I certainly don't put myself out for F1 anymore. I'll watch the races at sociable hours if I'm free but the days of getting up at 5/6/7am to watch a race when there is zero jeopardy are gone.

I'll revisit this comment in 2026 if things change cos lets be honest they ain't gonna before then!

I'd class f1 as a time filler now.

Used to be a fan

Now, I'll watch the full replay if I hear it was good. And highlights usually.
But never live.

Wouldn't pay for f1tv now even if I could.

I'd never class f1 as a hobby. Nor anything I watch on tv. For me a hobby is doing not watching.

Caporegime
F1 isn't a hobby unless you are taking part, if you are viewing it is is a spectator sport, or should I say entertainment these days.

I agree. "fantasy tv" isn't a hobby. Because I watch it.
6 nations rugby isn't a hobby. Because I watch it.

Kayaking is, because I do it.

Soldato
That was entirely average.

Perez delivered second place as expected.

The Smooth Operator glided into third place.

Leclerc made another error under pressure.

Ricciardo is going to see his P45 before the summer break at this rate.

Caporegime
That was entirely average.

Perez delivered second place as expected.

The Smooth Operator glided into third place.

Leclerc made another error under pressure.

Ricciardo is going to see his P45 before the summer break at this rate.

Riccardo and Sargent need to go. They've both had enough time.

If Williams are happy to put albon in Sargent car because he's that much better.. Why keep him?

alx

alx

Soldato
Thought that was pretty dull to be honest.

I don't have a clue what Mercedes' plan was at all. Just seemed like they were just making it up as they went along. Not sure what was up with Lewis in the first stint as for all the other stints he was closing the gap to Russell. Then his pit stop timings just seemed to **** him over.

The RBs overspeed (without DRS as well) on the Mercs on the straight before 130 R was totally ridiculous.
In the post race Hamilton stated he was suffering from bad understeer, especially in the first stint, claimed there might have been some damage.

Soldato
Quite enjoyed the race. Obviously all a bit easy for the Red Bulls but there was a good mix of strategy, some good incidents, a challenging track and the best thing is that the overtakes were a lot more authentic than the usual DRS straights. There were many overtakes in lots of different places and seeing a few overtakes at 130R is always a joy.

Not sure why people are moaning or what they expect. But then again it's the same old faces saying how they won't watch the race. See you all in the next thread for you to tell us the same all over again ;)

Caporegime
No I don't, watching any sport is not a hobby, unless you define a hobby as something you do totally passively with zero interaction. Next you'll be telling me watching TV/Youtube is a hobby.

Yes, watching TV and YouTube can be hobbies. As can listening to music, attending concerts, and reading books. All that is required to be a hobby is that it is something you do in your spare time to amuse yourself.

You may think some things are lame hobbies. I may agree. But they're still hobbies.

Soldato
Yes, watching TV and YouTube can be hobbies. As can listening to music, attending concerts, and reading books. All that is required to be a hobby is that it is something you do in your spare time to amuse yourself.

You may think some things are lame hobbies. I may agree. But they're still hobbies.
Reading requires interaction and imagination, attending a concert requires interaction, if you define listening to something or watching TV etc. a hobby then that is your choice I'm firmly in the camp that it is not. Also I never accused anything of being lame, just defining a hobby in an odd way.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom