Poll: Official 2024 Japanese Grand Prix Race Thread - International Racing Course, Suzuka - Race 4/24

Rate the Japan race out of ten

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Man of Honour
FIA Stewards - turn 17 incident involving Piastri and Russell will be investigated after the race - forcing another driver off the track

Caporegime
Pretty ordinary race. A bit of strategy variation, but too much DRS for it to add much. 5/10 from me.

DotD to Alonso for an understated but superb effort. Good job Tsunoda taking a point at his home race, and to Hülkenberg for that recovery to 11 after a botched start.

RB domination returns.

Soldato
Other than a few non DRS overtakes that was pretty boring to be honest. Then again I did wake up with a migraine, took one of my strong tablets and was then drifting in and out of consciousness watching it in bed… So maybe I missed the best bits?! :D Glad Sainz got third. He’s doing well in his final year for Ferrari.

I’m guessing he goes to Stake next year in preparation for 2026? (If he is indeed Audis man?)

Last edited:
Man of Honour
OP
Other than a few non DRS overtakes that was pretty boring to be honest. Then again I did wake up with a migraine, took one of my strong tablets and was then drifting in and out of consciousness watching it in bed… So maybe I missed the best bits?! :D Glad Sainz got third. He’s doing well in his final year for Ferrari.

I’m guessing he goes to Stake next year in preparation for 2026? (If he is indeed Audis man?)

I think his sights are higher than Stake/Audi - he can't waste his good years building up a team

Caporegime
I think his sights are higher than Stake/Audi - he can't waste his good years building up a team

Probably, but I think he's out of luck. Mercedes look to be set on bringing Kimi in next year, unless he really underperforms in F2, and even then it's a one year gig. McLaren already have Norris/Piastri. Alonso is most likely going to stay at Aston. Which leaves Red Bull, who I think would take him, but that means being number two to Max again and Sainz already did that - and the stories of conflict between the Sainz and Verstappen camps from that time don't bode well.

Associate
Stewards have come back determining Danny and Albon's collision was a racing incident.

The Stewards heard from the driver of Car 3 (Daniel Ricciardo), the driver of Car 23(Alexander Albon), team representatives and reviewed positioning/marshalling systemdata, external and in-car video evidence.The explanations of both drivers were aligned as to the facts of the incident.On the approach to Turn 3, the driver of Car 3 noticed Car 18 on his left and statedthat he wanted to give that car sufficient room. He stated he then looked to the apexof Turn 3. He did not see Car 23 on his right.The driver of Car 23 stated that he thought he could overtake Car 3 on the outside,into Turn 3, but then suddenly realised that Car 3 had not seen him, applied thebrakes but could not avoid the contact with Car 3.Accordingly we determine this to be a first lap incident and decide to take no furtheraction.If this incident had occurred on a subsequent lap, or without the presence of the thirdcar (Car 18), a different determination would have been made

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom