Silo - By Hugh Howey - May 5th

Associate
OP
I think your being a bit harsh, mostly it's because a fair amount of shows aren't slow but just irrelevant and boring. You could say Walking Dead was slow. I'd just say it was crap because nothing happened for vast stretches. I'm OK with this show atm because it feels like it's leading to something, the investigation needs to become more relevant to the premise of why they're there and what for, otherwise it will start to feel like it's not worth the effort.
You're right mate.

All we are being shown right now are a lot of seemingly random things with nothing obvious to connect them.

TWD would blow their budget on 1st and last eps of a season with filler in between.

Lost was just weird unconnected happenings with a new strange thing each week.

Maybe "Silo" is not for the weak?

Associate
OP
Well it's renewed for a second season, so why rush it? This is the problem with a lot of TV shows (and games) today, everything goes to **** because the execs pander to the idiot generations who want everything explained to them in childlike simplicity and in as short a time as possible. So everything gets rushed and everything is dumbed down.
I agree.

Look at other newish series.
Pander to the instant gratification, goldfish generation.
Halo was awful, just a bloody soap opera with a bloke in a spartan suit who took his lid off.

As I said above, if I wanted 45mins of generic action I would watch something else.

I want a story, I want an adventure and Silo is doing a really good job of doing that.

Soldato
I haven’t found the show slow at all. Decent world building and I’m keen to find out more. The cgi is terrible with any shots on the spiral stairs but apart from that I love the fallout look the computer terminals etc have.

Man of Honour
Doesn't have to be non-stop action to not be slow - the world building is OK but it spends far too much time in the same limited number of environments and doesn't spend the time it takes immersing you in the full scale (probably due to budget but meh) of the setting and spirals around the same story points for like 3 episodes before doing anything with them - shows like for example Ascension got to the point much better.

Soldato
What's the final answer, though? What is outside?

(don't click if you don't want theories!)

Something that struck me, is that the way the world was pictured through the sheriffs eyes when he left the Silo. Really made me wonder if he was drugged. Are they poisoning the people who leave?

Last edited:
Caporegime
Yep, picked up a lot of pace this week and a lot of reveals. Jules still doesn't smile, even though she probably had a really good reason to this week. It's still too slow for my liking over the last 9 episodes. Bad pacing or just too many filler episodes, or both. I never feel the urge to watch the new episode straightaway with this show, although I will for the finale next week.

rp2000

Soldato
Really built it up for the final episode, glad they've already confirmed it's been renenwed as no doubt it'll end on a cliffhanger.

Hopefully they finish watching the full video of her being outside and we get to see more or if IT actually edit the video to make it look like they've died as on the screen.

Soldato
Really built it up for the final episode, glad they've already confirmed it's been renenwed as no doubt it'll end on a cliffhanger.

Hopefully they finish watching the full video of her being outside and we get to see more or if IT actually edit the video to make it look like they've died as on the screen.

Yes, on the whole I've enjoyed it. Rebecca Ferguson's acting is right up there, Common's acting is right down there, so nothing new there but I noticed something in episode 9 that confirmed my suspicions from one of the earlier episodes so things are probably not what they appear.

The "Jane Carmody Cleaning" she is told to watch has exactly the same birds in the same precise formation as seen when Sheriff Holston and also his wife both do their cleaning, which leads me to think that what they are seeing is pre-recorded somehow and not actually what is outside. So it will be interesting to find out what is actually outside.

Caporegime
It's not slow it's just ring a ring of roses.
The stupidity and incompetence of key characters, probably to be explained as they are helping her, is just silly.
There's nothing original feeling to it.
Episode 10 on Friday? I guess we'll go 8n the basement and solve the riddle so season 2 can carry on going in circles. :p
It's literally only possible to move by 1 central staircase and the baddies have issues finding her, in a population of only 10000.
I just facepalm at least once per episode.

Soldato
It's not slow it's just ring a ring of roses.
The stupidity and incompetence of key characters, probably to be explained as they are helping her, is just silly.
There's nothing original feeling to it.
Episode 10 on Friday? I guess we'll go 8n the basement and solve the riddle so season 2 can carry on going in circles. :p
It's literally only possible to move by 1 central staircase and the baddies have issues finding her, in a population of only 10000.
I just facepalm at least once per episode.
They should have stuck to the story as told in the books, it's far superior.

Reactions: SPG
Back
Top Bottom