Silo - By Hugh Howey - May 5th

Caporegime
Decent ending to an incredibly poor series. Boring story, some absymal acting and even worse pacing. No idea how enough people watched this for it to get another series, it absolutely sucked.

The show was never to slow anyway. :p
No it really was, episodes 3 to 8 were largely pointless and did nothing to further the story. Could've easily been condensed in to 3 or 4 episodes and we wouldn't have lost anything from the story.

Last edited:
Associate
So far they have followed the books pretty well, if they stick to this it will be a good few seasons of TV, I expect them to eek it out for at least 6 seasons of they keep getting the people watching it.

Associate
A couple of nitpicky things took me out of it a bit while watching the finale. Surviving that fall - the likelihood of there being something nasty to impale her or simply something hard seemed pretty high. The amount of visitors this highly controversial fugitive, who led the entire Judicial team on a wild goose chase, was allowed. The blind spot of the camera in the jail cell of all places. The farce of measuring someone up for a tailored cleaning suit when they're in supposed to step outside and die within ~5 minutes of putting it on. The other silos at the end were way too close to each other for the ants nest-like layout of each silo.

I'm still kind of in "I've started it, so I'll finish it" territory. It is very much a "turn your brain off" type show though, if only to overlook some of the things I mentioned. I hope things get a bit better with season 2.

Soldato
A couple of nitpicky things took me out of it a bit while watching the finale. Surviving that fall - the likelihood of there being something nasty to impale her or simply something hard seemed pretty high..

I kinda accept that she had no other option, so from that perspective I wasn't too bothered that she chose to drop, but it was hugely implausible that the folk down there would be able to react in time and drag her clear in the second or so before the washing machine (or whatever) landed on top of her.

In general though I've really enjoyed the first series. I get the criticisms about pacing, but I've looked forward to every episode and never found myself bored.

I do worry that the mystery and overall premise for why the silo exists, is somewhat carrying my interest. So hopefully we'll see more of the main story in s2, but for now no real complaints.

Last edited:
Soldato
I do worry that the mystery and overall premise for why the silo exists, is somewhat carrying my interest. So hopefully we'll see more of the main story in s2, but for now no real complaints.

100% for me. Debating about buying the books to scratch that itch as I'm not sure the interest will hold out for the breaks between seasons.

Caporegime
Decent ending to an incredibly poor series. Boring story, some absymal acting and even worse pacing. No idea how enough people watched this for it to get another series, it absolutely sucked.

They will get enough for season 2 from all the hate watchers who repeatedly tell us how crap something is while continuing to watch? See you for season 2 :p

Really enjoyed it, so much so I think I will ruin it and get the audio books for my holiday. I cannot wait 1-2 years for the next series. I didn't mind the pacing, I don't need every story to be the same pace wise or need John Wick action every 3 minutes to look up from my iPad while watching tv. I've really enjoyed some of the Apple TV stuff I've watched lately.

Associate
OP
Still love reading all the guessing and theorising.

To all those who need constant action and happenings, lay off the coffee.

If you are enjoying watching the series, I highly recommend you start reading the books.

As always, another cracking episode.

Last edited:
Associate
They will get enough for season 2 from all the hate watchers who repeatedly tell us how crap something is while continuing to watch? See you for season 2 :p

Really enjoyed it, so much so I think I will ruin it and get the audio books for my holiday. I cannot wait 1-2 years for the next series. I didn't mind the pacing, I don't need every story to be the same pace wise or need John Wick action every 3 minutes to look up from my iPad while watching tv. I've really enjoyed some of the Apple TV stuff I've watched lately.

Fair warning I found the narrator for the second book to be pretty bad, I couldn't even finish it.

Back
Top Bottom