*** The Official iOS 17 Thread ***

Soldato
Isn't it the same as ones you 'loved' before, just renamed?
Not sure. It just makes it easy to have a smart playlist that shows all your favourites whichever tracks you favourite it then gets used by the algorithm for other music.

I never really used love songs though so I might be completely wrong.

Soldato
I just updated to 17, quite hopeful about the 'standby' function making my phone into a useful bedside clock while it's charging.

But it's annoying that it will only do it in landscape orientation though - my charging dock is set up for portrait only!

Seems an odd restriction. Why not allow it to work either way?

Soldato
So much for that. The standby mode when charging with the phone in landscape ... times out and turns the screen off after a minute or so. What's the point of that?

Soldato
No, a bit of a google shows that it's only iPhone 14 and newer that can keep the display on. Because that's a genuine limitation of the technology, and not just a shady way to force people to upgrade. :rolleyes:

Associate
Took my iPhone 11 off charge at 10am and just left it on my desk. All apps closed, background app refresh fully off. At 1pm it has dropped to 85%. Surely this can't be right. Battery health shows at 86%. iOS 16 was fine

Last edited:
Soldato
Took my iPhone 11 off charge at 10am and just left it on my desk. All apps closed, background app refresh fully off. At 1pm it has dropped to 85%. Surely this can't be right. Battery health shows at 86%. iOS 16 was fine

It’s a 4 year old phone, batteries don’t last for ever. It’s probably been turbo decreased with the latest update because well, apple being apple.

Back
Top Bottom