*** The Official macOS Sonoma thread ***

Soldato
I should really update my Ventura Mac mini.. however I had an issue with USB-C and my USG-Audio interface on the MacBook Air (ARM CPU and Sonoma)

Man of Honour
Since the update, my external Magic Keyboard is correcting fr to fkr which is really bloody annoying. I've rebooted the Mac and also deleted /Library/Preferences/com.apple.keyboardtype.plist but it's still persisting. Any ideas?

Man of Honour
Is there some sort of custom dictionary saved somewhere?
No, and no text replacements. I've just 'forgot' the keyboard and added it again, no change. It only seems to do it if I type it really quickly, if I leave a second after f it doesn't do it, but I type pretty quickly so it's infuriating trying to write an email etc.

Man of Honour
Weird, I've just been in the loft sorting some stuff as work is quiet, had the Mac with me and when I came down I closed the lid and now it's solved itself.

Man of Honour
Looks to be the keyboard itself. I have a TouchID one with a keypad, and one without. It's the one with the keypad that's got the issue, it does it on my personal Mac as well. The one without the keypad is fine on both.

Soldato
Apple mail keeps requesting my outlook password, since updating to Sonoma.

Getting a connection icon next to account, tried changing it but it still pops up and requests password every now again.

Is there a better alternative to Apple mail for Mac?

Last edited:
Soldato
I spotted the same although i'm not sure it's an Apple specific issue as i've had it with other mail apps under Windows and Android as well with my Hotmail (aka Outlook) account (use app password).

I deleted account and used the add account (exchange) and it simplified everything, no app password needed.

Before I was setting it up manually and using an app password from MS.

Seems ok now.

Permabanned
Has anyone used OpenCore Patcher to get Sonoma onto an older Mac? Wondering what the performance is like.
Yep, we have 2 mid 2012 13.3" i5 2.5ghz dual core, Intel HD4000 16gb ram and ssd's in both, everything works fine, typing this on 1 of them now on 14.3.

Mod note:

Last edited by a moderator:
Permabanned
@Feek I didn't realise we were anti hackintosh on here but pro OpenCore which also violates the Apple EULA?

I wasn't posting to cause a problem, I just didn't even know this was a thing TBH, but FWIW both violate the EULA as you're messing with their software and using it in a way they didn't intend, and on hardware that isn't allowed/supported i.e. - too old to run it/not allowed out the box to install on... Which counts as misuse too.

I'm cool with not mentioning either now that I know, but I genuinely didn't, hence posting both subjects as I thought if OpenCore talk hasn't been banned...

Back
Top Bottom