*** The Official macOS Sonoma thread ***

Soldato
What EQ are people using on macOS? I've been using the one that comes with Apple Music but was wondering if there was something better. I don't mind if you need to pay for it.

Soldato
Does anyone know if there is a tool to convert an iso (Linux distro) file to a raw img file? Unetbootin is the closest I have found but that just creates a bootable USB. I need the actual img file and no need for a USB device.

Edit: I gave up in the end and went with an easier solution.

Last edited:
Soldato
Does anyone know if there is a tool to convert an iso (Linux distro) file to a raw img file? Unetbootin is the closest I have found but that just creates a bootable USB. I need the actual img file and no need for a USB device.

Edit: I gave up in the end and went with an easier solution.
For future reference, you can do it via CLI using hdiutil -
Code:
hdiutil convert -format UDRW -o /output.img /source.iso

Soldato
Does anyone get duplicated apps in the app launcher when they get automatically updated?

I get this occasionally with certain apps, I’m on Ventura still, just wondered if it’s something anyone encountered on Sonoma?
Seems to only happen with 3rd party apps.
Don’t tend to use launchpad, it’s just I see the install bar sometimes under launchpad and check to see what’s updated.

Last edited:
Soldato
Does anyone get duplicated apps in the app launcher when they get automatically updated?

I get this occasionally with certain apps, I’m on Ventura still, just wondered if it’s something anyone encountered on Sonoma?
Seems to only happen with 3rd party apps.
Don’t tend to use launchpad, it’s just I see the install bar sometimes under launchpad and check to see what’s updated.
Are there duplicated app packages within /Applications directory/folder?

In the past i've had a few apps (BBEdit was one of them iirc) where the update side of it has changed and instead of overwriting/replacing the existing app package, it's shoved the newer version alongside it (or buried it in another directory) so it ends up duplicating in Launchpad or the dock bar.
It's been rare though.

Last edited:
Soldato
Are there duplicated app packages within /Applications directory/folder?

In the past i've had a few apps (BBEdit was one of them iirc) where the update side of it has changed and instead of overwriting/replacing the existing app package, it's shoved the newer version alongside it (or buried it in another directory) so it ends up duplicating in Launchpad or the dock bar.
It's been rare though.

I updated to Sonoma today:), duplicated app is gone, so was not able to check as only just seen your post.

Not much difference I can see, I don't quite understand that desktop mode where you click the desktop wallpaper and it brings up a background window? What is that for, I presumed it hides anything you have on your desktop like apps and files. I have a saved picture file on my desktop but its not hidden.

Anything I should know now that Ive updated, anything new I should disable/enable?

Commissario
OP
I don't quite understand that desktop mode where you click the desktop wallpaper and it brings up a background window? What is that for, I presumed it hides anything you have on your desktop like apps and files. I have a saved picture file on my desktop but its not hidden.

By default, this is set to 'Always' and was really annoying me.

Click on the desktop and all the active windows shift to the edge and out of sight.

hZA6yI4.png

Soldato
I don't mind it, really just wasn't sure the purpose, but understand it now, basically just clears the screen so you can view files folders that you may have on desktop, thats what I think the purpose is.

Back
Top Bottom