*** The Official macOS Sonoma thread ***

Caporegime
Anyone have an issue where your wallpaper changes to one of the default Mac ones even though you have your own selected, like this?

Screenshot-2023-11-17-at-08-38-11.png

Soldato
Hi Folks,

I am a bit confused about Office 365. Where would be the best place to get the suite from? The Appstore or the MS Webby? The appstore office apps seem to have extremely poor reviews.

I need the suite as I am handing in my notice at work and need to tidy up my work documentation etc. So Excel, Word, OneNote and Powerpoint are all needed. Got a sub already.

Man of Honour
Hi Folks,

I am a bit confused about Office 365. Where would be the best place to get the suite from? The Appstore or the MS Webby? The appstore office apps seem to have extremely poor reviews.

I need the suite as I am handing in my notice at work and need to tidy up my work documentation etc. So Excel, Word, OneNote and Powerpoint are all needed. Got a sub already.
Don’t buy it direct, find a code (not sure if OcUK sell them so won’t mention where). Very easy to find 12/15/27 month codes from reputable retailers and they stack up to 5 years IIRC. Especially with Black Friday looming.

Caporegime
Hi Folks,

I constantly have this bookmarked and but it when it’s £50ish. Stack up the years. You can sell the anti virus code on eBay if you wanted.

Plus you are getting 6TB of cloud storage.

Soldato
Sorry guys, I stated I have a subscription already.

I am not sure where to download the suite from that's all.

Edit: Downloaded the individual apps off the Appstore and they seem sound and functional enough.

Last edited:
Commissario
OP

I constantly have this bookmarked and but it when it’s £50ish. Stack up the years. You can sell the anti virus code on eBay if you wanted.

Plus you are getting 6TB of cloud storage.
I know we've talked about this before and I've also been keeping an eye on that but I've never seen it around £50. Any chance you could give me a ping when you next see it please?

Man of Honour
Assuming that OcUK don't sell Office then, I'll say that Argos also sell it on the cheap at various times throughout the year. I just keep searching https://www.hotukdeals.com/ and I top it up as and when I spot it for cheap. Sometimes it's bundles with McAfee which you can just ignore and only use the Office aspect.

Soldato
Sorry guys, I stated I have a subscription already.

I am not sure where to download the suite from that's all.

Edit: Downloaded the individual apps off the Appstore and they seem sound and functional enough.
https://macadmins.software

Site ran by a member of the MS Office Mac team.

Edit - Re. app store, slow updates is the main disadvantage.

Last edited:
Commissario
OP
Assuming that OcUK don't sell Office then, I'll say that Argos also sell it on the cheap at various times throughout the year. I just keep searching https://www.hotukdeals.com/ and I top it up as and when I spot it for cheap. Sometimes it's bundles with McAfee which you can just ignore and only use the Office aspect.
Good shout, it's a decent price there now.

Soldato
Hi Folks,

I've got Office 365 Business Premium and am pretty happy with it. The only thing that annoys me about it is that whenever I have a problem with it the support agents always want to call me rather talking via text or email (I absolutely despise using the telephone). It is quite expensive though. I pay £22 a month including VAT.

Caporegime
I know we've talked about this before and I've also been keeping an eye on that but I've never seen it around £50. Any chance you could give me a ping when you next see it please?
£53.99 at the minute. Closest it's been to £50 for a while. It was more than that for Black Friday. It's worth it alone for 15 months OneDrive on one account, let alone 6!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom