*** The Official macOS Sonoma thread ***

Soldato
Are you on the latest version? I see a few old(ish) problems in github for Monero for this exact issue, I haven't heard of the app before but it's the first result from: "Monero GUI wallet not closing macos"
Yeah. Latest version. I'll have a play around and if the worst comes to the worst at least I can use the CLI app. Thank you.

Soldato

Si.

Si.

Soldato
Ever since upgrading my Preview will no longer correctly display image files. I get about 1/3 of the top and all the rest is corrupt.. Is this a known issue?

Soldato
Ever since upgrading my Preview will no longer correctly display image files. I get about 1/3 of the top and all the rest is corrupt.. Is this a known issue?
Had issues with large PDF's with Preview under Sonoma not render properly but not specifically images (not something i've tested). Although i would look (and post) at the MacRumor's Sonoma sub-forum and/or the MacAdmins Slack as there's a good chance someone else has come across this bug (bigger number of Apple users/eyeballs etc).

Soldato
I think I mentioned in another thread that I bought DaisyDisk last night. I have a strange issue. I went through my SSD and managed to free up 70GB which is good but I think I nuked my Apple Music cache. All my playlists and library songs work perfectly. The only problem is that all album artwork has disappeared which is annoying but at least I can still listen to music.

I tried File -> Library -> Get Album Artwork but that didn't work either. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Soldato
Anyone use the apple mail app? remember reading someone had issues with it on here, after upgrading to Sonoma, just curious if its working ok now , as use this mail app for my emails.

Last edited:
Soldato
Anyone use the apple mail app? remember reading someone had issues with it on here, after upgrading to Sonoma, just curious if its working ok now , as use this mail app for my emails.
Probably me. I always had issues with Rules that I set don’t stick after a reboot. This is fixed in Sonoma.

The other issue that isn’t fixed is that sometimes I’ll open up Mail (running in the background) and the left email hierarchy tree is missing and upon clicking on any emails they aren’t highlighted so you can’t see the email body. Only a full Mail close and reopen resolves this.

I’ll try and get a screenshot if I haven’t already put one on this thread.

Commissario
OP
One thing they do need to fix in the mail is the search. When you search, it switches from the folder you have selected to the entire mailbox and you have to select the folder again. Apart from that, I have no issues.

Soldato
For some reason my personal Apple ID now has a passkey associated with it. I don't recall enabling it anywhere as I'm not sure how the whole passkey thing is supposed to work. I use Bitwarden for all my login methods and see that it also supports passkeys. So I'd like one of two things. Either get rid of the passkey or add it to Bitwarden.

Has anyone got any tips?

Soldato
OK found this:

but looking through the passwords list there are tons of websites which all say never next to them but I have no memory of ever saving passwords with Apples system unless it was from when I used Safari on its own. Am I safe to just delete them all?

Back
Top Bottom