The Official Pizza Discussion thread (was: Cooking Neapolitan Pizzas with the Uuni 3)

Soldato
Permabanned
While I enjoy many flavors, pepperoni pizza holds a special place in my heart. I guess it’s the simplicity and balance of flavors that get me every time. Speaking of which, my favorite one has to be from Costco. Their pepperoni pizza has that authentic taste that takes me right back to childhood.

See this article about Costco pizza - the photos alone will water your mouth. There are more about their assortment and how to order.

Last edited:
Associate
Is anyone in their right mind to consider the The Sage Smart Oven Pizzaiolo or Ooni Volt electric pizza ovens over their gas or pellet counterparts?
Keep being drawn to these due to potential all year usage and indoor use.
Anyone considered or got one?
We got the Sage one when it was on sale earlier in the year. The main reason was we have homemade pizza most weeks.
It's been brilliant and I'd have no hesitation recommending it.

Last edited:
Don
Soldato
Grrr, i've been holding out for Black Friday for an Ooni, i really wanted the Karu 12G, however that's the only oven that's not in the sale :(

So now i have 2 options. The Fyra at €250, or the Karu 12G at €415

From what i can tell, the Karu has a glass door, slightly bigger opening and a different method of adding pellets. That doesn't seem like it's worth an extra €165, but am i missing something that i'll end up regretting?

Associate
Ooni have done their 20% via John Lewis but couldn't see it on the official site.

So many options to choose from....
Gozney Roccbox, ooni Karu, Koda or even the electric Volt

They all serve a purpose but should perfect my dough skills first!

Ideally want it for more than just pizza to make it multi-purpose.

Soldato
Ooni have done their 20% via John Lewis but couldn't see it on the official site.

So many options to choose from....
Gozney Roccbox, ooni Karu, Koda or even the electric Volt

They all serve a purpose but should perfect my dough skills first!

Ideally want it for more than just pizza to make it multi-purpose.

Lakeland did the Karu 12G for £280 before i came over to Spain, i bought it but then returned it as i was struggling on space in the van. Kind of regret that now!

I like the look of the Roccbox, but had hoped to avoid gas. Their wood basket at another £100 seems expensive and doesn't accept pellets.

At some point i'm gonna end up with the Dome :D

Associate
Lakeland did the Karu 12G for £280 before i came over to Spain, i bought it but then returned it as i was struggling on space in the van. Kind of regret that now!

I like the look of the Roccbox, but had hoped to avoid gas. Their wood basket at another £100 seems expensive and doesn't accept pellets.

At some point i'm gonna end up with the Dome :D

Ultimately want the Dome and make it the main garden thing but being realistic and giving the smaller options a go first before jump deep end to actually make the dough and the whole process.

Associate
Back
Top Bottom